WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Momentum Vortech GMT watch. I quite like it but am puzzled about the GMT function and am trying to figure out if my watch has a problem or if I am missing something. It does not seem to run at the same rate as the standard hour/minute function. I assumed that the GMT hand would do one hour for every hour that the main hour hand does. However that seems not to be the case.

Then it occurred to me to wonder (since there are small 24 hour markers on the dial) if perhaps the GMT hand operates on the 24 hour cycle. But that doesn't seem to be what it is doing either. Can someone fill me in on how a normal GMT function works? (The instructions are absolutely no help - one paragraph on how to operate the crown to set it - nada mas). Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
I have a new Momentum Vortech GMT watch. I quite like it but am puzzled about the GMT function and am trying to figure out if my watch has a problem or if I am missing something. It does not seem to run at the same rate as the standard hour/minute function. I assumed that the GMT hand would do one hour for every hour that the main hour hand does. However that seems not to be the case.

Then it occurred to me to wonder (since there are small 24 hour markers on the dial) if perhaps the GMT hand operates on the 24 hour cycle. But that doesn't seem to be what it is doing either. Can someone fill me in on how a normal GMT function works? (The instructions are absolutely no help - one paragraph on how to operate the crown to set it - nada mas). Thanks for any advice.
The GMT hand will make one full revolution of the dial every 24 hours as opposed to the "normal" hour hand which goes one revolution every 12 hours.

You can find a full set of instructions for your watch here: http://www.momentumwatch.com/media/instructions/sport_EIGHTEEN_Instructions-english%20only.pdf

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts