WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 718 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
2018 has been my year of quartz ... started a grab & go hunt in Jan-Feb, trying to get off my addiction to Timex ... FWIW, I purposely avoided Seiko, Citizen, and Casio. They obviously make great watches, but I wanted to discover some new brands that I didn't know before ...

IMG_6926.JPG

The winner is the Gavox Aurora w/a Soprod-A SOP 716 twin-motion quartz ‘mecatronic' movement ... perpetual date, chrono, timer, UTC, moon phase, spreadsheet program.

IMG_6403.JPG

Sampled everything from Bertucci and their unnamed "all metal Japanese" quartz (Miyota?) to the Techne Hummingbird's Seiko VH31 ...

IMG_6430.JPG

Was looking for some chronos for the start of my kids' track season ... they run the 400m and 800m races and I really wanted to find a stopwatch timer like the 6138/39 or the Chronostop ... and discovered DH. What a fabulous brand!

IMG_6799.JPG

Also discovered the HAQ forum and found myself a Certina DS-2 Precidrive. It had a bit too much wrist presence and went into the box and hasn't moved much, except to check its accuracy. I ended up getting a Certina DS First (can't find a pic!), a somewhat simpler sports chrono. So I'm gonna flip the HAQ and keeping the First ... but the HAQ is amazing and after nearly 3 months, is -4 seconds.

IMG_4250.jpg

Didn't realize Gavox and Techne were sister companies. Love this Harrier w/a Miyota quartz. Not a keeper, but I got the automatic version for my brother for his birthday later this month, but I really like it so I might have to get another one for my brother ...

IMG_8009.jpg

I'm keeping the Gavox Aurora, the Certina DS First, and a Bertucci. I've licked the Timex addiction, and I'm selling off most of them, but will always be a fan, especially the IQ Yacht Racer which will always be my favorite.

·
Registered
427 Posts
IMG_2417.JPG

All my watches except a Seiko Diver's are quartz watches, several are solar powered and one is a Link watch (links to iPhone).
The above is my Hamilton Khaki quartz. I love quartz because they are highly accurate.

·
Premium Member
20,665 Posts
1 - 20 of 718 Posts