WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VSA Officer's that is marking time four seconds at a time. It is still showing the correct time. I figured it was doing that because the battery is low, so I googled and found that, indeed, it does this to let the wearer know the battery is running low. Perhaps the instruction manual would have told me so if I'd read it.

Neat, huh?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an eco-drive that skips 3 seconds when the battery is low. I thought it was just a Citizen thing, but I guess not! Pretty neat!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
That's the end of life indicator. I know it comes on the ETA F06 quartz movement. It's in my TSAR.

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
You still can wear the watch for a couple of weeks before it completely stops, but better have the battery replaced ASAP.

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Nice feature.

I originally misread the title and thought it was going to be a foudroyante. Do affordable examples of this exist?

·
Premium Member
71,306 Posts
Some of my quartz watches have an end of life indicator where the second hand starts keeping time in something like 3 second bursts. Not all my quartz watches advertise this feature and I guess you know that the battery is flat when the watch stops.

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Do you mean whether affordable watches have this EOL feature ?
No, the foudroyante feature. Completely useless but fun to watch. I'm wondering if they are only ever found in higer-end timepieces

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
from what I have seen 2 second jump EOL indicator is very common, when the feature exists.
many quartz modules don't have the feature.

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
Some watches jump 2 sec. while others jump 4 sec.

The higher amount of skipped seconds is, the longer battery life will be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts