WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Are calibers like the Breitling some sort of hybrid between quartz and mechanical? Something like mecaquartz? To be fair I don't fully know what "mecaquartz" means anyway 馃槄

Still, some pretty quartz movements here. I wouldn't mind making a build with one of tjese if they were sold separately.

Registered
I thought that looked pretty cool until I saw the heart. It lost me with the heart
I like Journe a lot, but the - paradoxically named - Elegante is just a wreck. I can't get over the heart, either; I understand that being Journe, there is an intentionality there, but I think we've all come to expect much more sophistication from him in his communication.

Registered
Are calibers like the Breitling some sort of hybrid between quartz and mechanical? Something like mecaquartz? To be fair I don't fully know what "mecaquartz" means anyway 馃槄

Still, some pretty quartz movements here. I wouldn't mind making a build with one of tjese if they were sold separately.
I would say "mechaquartz'" is a quartz movement where the chronograph functions are built like in a mechanical watch even though they are still powered by a battery. Like, normally a quartz movement would just pop in a bunch of stepper motors for each hand and be done with it. Mecha-quartz still maintains some movement architecture of mechanical watches.

Registered
I often wonder why manufacturers bother with a display back on undecorated eta base movements, quartz display backs 鈥︹︹︹. Not for me thanks.

Registered
I can't get over the heart, either; I understand that being Journe, there is an intentionality there, but I think we've all come to expect much more sophistication from him in his communication.
I have always made the assumption, given where the traces lead, that the heart is over the quartz crystal and therefore the "heart" of the movement. Maybe a subtle (to me not so subtle to others) reminder that quartz has a heart also. I will admit I don't like the e'le'gante but honestly, none of Journe's design language is my favorite. Even the Chronometre Bleu which some people find perfect still has his signature hands which I don't like.

Premium Member
Reactions: John Price
21 - 38 of 38 Posts