WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1089 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man I love this watch. I was lucky enough to get the Obris Morgan Infinity when that came out. I hope I can save fast enough in order to get this before it sells out. A pilots watch is next on my list and hopefully this is it!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Man I love this watch. I was lucky enough to get the Obris Morgan Infinity when that came out. I hope I can save fast enough in order to get this before it sells out. A pilots watch is next on my list and hopefully this is it!
We all know, where the design comes from, but as a wristwatch it's really special and sets it apart from the usual run-of-the-mill designs. For me the A-13A is the watch of the year.

As much as I like the default strap, I made contact with Dan Barr from redrockstraps. The man is totally awesome and yesterday I could finally pick up the two straps he made for me:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory

Now I love my A-13A even more. :)

Cheers
Bernd

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Lovely strap choice. The a13 has great versatility and fun in this regard !
Yep! Though I'm in heaven with these new straps, I will order a charcoal grey one from Dan/redrockstraps soon and even think about and additional one. I want to see even more faces of the A-13A.

And thank you! This last picture came out much too brown, I posted a more true to color-version here: #20

And here's a new picture, olive on olive:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Brown

Cheers!
Bernd

·
Registered
54 Posts
We all know, where the design comes from, but as a wristwatch it's really special and sets it apart from the usual run-of-the-mill designs. For me the A-13A is the watch of the year.

As much as I like the default strap, I made contact with Dan Barr from redrockstraps. The man is totally awesome and yesterday I could finally pick up the two straps he made for me:

View attachment 12737277

View attachment 12737279

Now I love my A-13A even more. :)

Cheers
Bernd

Bernd, looking through this thread and seeing your photos really hooked me on this watch. Bad timing with Christmas! Hopefully they will be in stock for a few more months and I can snag one. Your photos are great! They really bring out all the best about this watch. I am getting a nice (for me) camera for Christmas and hope to start teaching myself some tricks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,008 ·
Bernd, looking through this thread and seeing your photos really hooked me on this watch. Bad timing with Christmas! Hopefully they will be in stock for a few more months and I can snag one. Your photos are great! They really bring out all the best about this watch. I am getting a nice (for me) camera for Christmas and hope to start teaching myself some tricks.
Don't worry, I'm sure i won't run out of stock so quickly!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yep! Though I'm in heaven with these new straps, I will order a charcoal grey one from Dan/redrockstraps soon and even think about and additional one. I want to see even more faces of the A-13A.

And thank you! This last picture came out much too brown, I posted a more true to color-version here: #20

And here's a new picture, olive on olive:

View attachment 12738277

Cheers!
Bernd
Super nice straps!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Super nice straps!!
b-)|>

Thanks! I'm superwowed by these. Here's the other one mounted on my Railmaster, which typically lives on it's steel bracelet: #1103

I will order two different shades of grey from Dan Barr soon, I'm only contemplating about the color of the threads these days. On our A-13A these redrockstraps are magic.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Merry Christmas to you all! 🎅🏻
Bernd

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Ditto...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
How many mm has it? For which wrist size would you recommend it?
The watch data are:

- 42mm diameter- 13mm thickness
- 52mm lug to lug
- 20mm lug width

--> A-13A homepage: https://www.a-13a.com/shop/en/

My wrist is 180-185 mm, wrist with is 58 mm. Here's my wrist with data and a Seiko Turtle, maybe you can relate to this watch to get an idea:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Here are some wristshots:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Hand Jewellery Finger Wrist

Ring Wrist Hand Close-up Finger

Black Fashion accessory Ring Jewellery Black-and-white

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Probably it also helps to see this rather popular watch on my wrist:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

I mostly wear my Omega Railmaster, which is 39,2 mm:

I think, a 'good' size for a watch on your wrist depends not only on your wrist size but also on the type of the watch. I wouldn't wear a dress watch with a thin bezel that would have the dimensions of the A-13A. But e.g. divers or pilots can be worn bigger. The A-13A as a pilot and chrono is just perfect for me, as much as my smaller Railmaster is. It depends on the style.

My 2 ¢: When the lugs protrude your wrist it get's borderline. Everything below is a matter of taste.

Cheers
Bernd

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Some days ago I added a beautiful divers' classic, a Squale 50 Atmos, to my small collection and as it often goes with new watches, I wore it the first days. Then I mounted the A-13A again on my wrist and I instantly had the feeling that otherwise I only know from my beloved Railmaster. It's like coming home.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Cheers!
Bernd

1001 - 1020 of 1089 Posts