WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1086 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is super cool. I imagine if UPS pilots get those, a number of other freight and passenger lines and military aviation units will want their own too. You may have created a monster. As one of the "braves" from the first order, I'm happy to see the appeal of this amazing watch spread.
Absolutely... Mark me down for a C-130 design

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about us forest fire suppression pilots (active and retired)....No t sure how many takers you'd get for it initially but once word got out....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow, this thread has gone totally unnoticed to me! This looks to be a great watch, putting it on the buy-list!

(Still need to exhaustively read the pages, but is there a reason the numbers aren't lumed?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love the layering of the dial, and the double coated sapphire looks great.. I’m jumping in on this post way late but I’m sure that this timepiece has improved by quite a bit since the initial post.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,322 Posts
How about us forest fire suppression pilots (active and retired)....No t sure how many takers you'd get for it initially but once word got out....
Before retiring I was assigned to one of the 4 USAF units that are tasked to support the US Forest Service's aerial firefighting mission with MAFFS II (Modular Airborne FireFighting System) equipped Hercules aircraft. Each unit (3 Air National Guard and 1 AF Reserve) dedicates two airframes during each fire season. Our two aircraft were always designated MAFFS 2 and MAFFS 5 (AKA Firebird 2 and Firebird 5) and identified by the large day-glo orange numbers temporarily affixed to their forward fuselage and vertical stabs. I think specially adorned A-13A's would be popular with this community.

A few years ago we lost MAFFS 7 and four crew members to a microburst over a South Dakota fire. I would be up for a memorial piece honoring our fallen friends.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Took flowers and flags to 6 different WASP pilots in 5 different cemeteries today with our local WAI chapter.

Blue skies, y'all.
-only Jake

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Awaiting a dark blue or olive green face model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love this watch. If there was one thing I could change, it would be moving the crown and chrono controls to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw it on Kickstarter. I was wondering what would happen after it didn’t get funded. If it’s still planned to be 16mm thick and around 3k, I can’t pull it off. So I’ll watch vicariously through you guys in the forum when it comes out:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1061 - 1080 of 1086 Posts