WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Not a lame question at all. Selling this Repetition Minutes on a game forum???? I am sure the watch is real. Whether it is white gold or not is subject. I doubt it. The appraisal is subject also. The appraisal is handwritten (most of it) and they misspelled "professional". Regardless, I would give him $175 for the watch as it's pretty beat to heck. Also he has a picture with a warranty card under the appraisal. Why not post a pic of the warranty card?

Todd

·
Registered
340 Posts
daca esti din romania:

Ceasul arata groaznic pt. purtat de 4,5 ori pe an (deci abureala)
Daca aia e abureala iti dai seama ca si alte chestii pot fi..
Poza care arata spatele unde poti vedea serialul nu e clara ca sa nu poti sa-ti dai seama daca e aur alb (asta apare in serial number). Ce zice foaia aia de mana scrisa e in regula sa zicem, dar nu ai cum verifica cu spatele ceasului. Pt mine e foarte dubios...
Eu nu l-as lua....sau cum a zis Todd, 175 dolari santasmile

english version of what i've said :

I wouldn't buy it:) the whole thing looks very funny to me

·
Registered
571 Posts
Aerospace ref J56062 questions....

This is a genuine Aerospace but there are several worrying things about it.

Some observations IMHO:

1. It is a ref 56062 according to the appraisal but is a Repetition Minutes on the dial. The B56 movement is not a repetition minutes movement; a rep min aerospace should be a ref 65062. The case back is the earlier type (numbers unreadable) so the watch appears to be a ref J56062 that has had a later Repetition Minutes dial (and perhaps movement) fitted.
We can only see the back of the manual in the photos - the front would tell us whether it is for a rep min or not. It's the first time I have ever seen a seller show the back of a manual but not the front!

2. Breitling supplied special boxes for the precious metals versions of their watches and the wooden box in the pictures could be correct but I would have thought there should also be an outer box. There are of course many fake wooden Breitling boxes available on ebay.

3. The appraisal is dated at the bottom (in deep shadow!) as March 2004 - nearly three years ago so the amount of $28,500 is very out-of-date. But the appraisal company may also be the people who sold the watch in 2004.
I checked and the website is valid:
Click for Time & Gold website

It would be easy to email them with a copy of the appraisal to ask them what they know of the watch.

4. The seller seems to be asking for 13,000 euros as far as I can judge given that I haven't got a clue about the Romanian language:
"Vand ceas BREITLING AEROSPACE 18 K WHITE GOLD Proffesional , editie limitata -100 bucati global,pret 13.000 euro.Ceasul a costat 28.500 $ .A fost purtat la ocazii,gen 2 ori pe an;aproximativ cam de vreo 4,5 ori in total."

If this is indeed a price of 13,000 Euros it is ridiculously high but probably in keeping with the appraisal figure of three years ago - in the mind of the seller that is! I would suggest a rough ball-park figure for an old used 18K watch is generally about double that of a ti or steel watch. For this watch, as it apparently has an 18K Professional bracelet, the value might run to say three times the value of a ti version. I just cannot see how a ref 56062 could possibly ever be worth more than that (and if you think you can remove the 18K white gold bracelet and sell it seperately, just think how long it would take to find a buyer - if ever!).

Unfortunately quartz/LED watches do not increase in value as they become older... so far, history since the 1970's has shown us they they only decrease (there are a couple of rare exceptions but they do not involve the precious metal versions of relatively common ti or steel watches).

5. The pictures do not show the detail of the warranty. It will of course be well-expired by now but these details still need to be seen, as do closeups of all hallmarks and 18K marks as well as all numbers on the watch and the bracelet.

Last but but not least: first "buy" the seller... and only then buy the watch.

Just my $0.02 worth.....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts