WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Chrono24 there are several dealers based on Germany who have the model I want, 0 condition (new and unworn) for significantly less money than if I were to buy from Nomos' store directly or from the US authorized dealer. Are there any pitfalls in going this route? Thank you.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don't see what would be wrong with that, but I'd make sure that they do provide the factory warranty. But to be honest, unless you'd be getting a significant discount, I would not bother with this route.

I received a 15% discount on my Nomos when I purchased it last week from the AD, and some people have been luckier and received up to 30% off, so I'd investigate that route too, because it is ultimately a smoother process. Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see what would be wrong with that, but I'd make sure that they do provide the factory warranty. But to be honest, unless you'd be getting a significant discount, I would not bother with this route.

I received a 15% discount on my Nomos when I purchased it last week from the AD, and some people have been luckier and received up to 30% off, so I'd investigate that route too, because it is ultimately a smoother process. Good luck.
The US distributor won't discount. It appears I can get the watch for about 15 percent less buying from one of these merchants.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Anytime savings would cover the cost of a service or repair, or nearly so, I think that looking at other options than an AD becomes sensible...

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
That's how I bought my Worldzeit. I was in America and I bought it from a jeweler (not a Nomos dealer) in Germany.

Here's what I did:
- Messaged them on Chrono24. They responded quickly, with good English and they answered all my questions.
- Entered their mailing address on Google maps and saw on Street View that it was a legit business.
- Found their eBay store, and saw they had 500-ish transactions there with 99%-ish feedback, so I knew they were good at internet selling and shipping.

I didn't think twice, and bought it immediately.

·
Premium Member
40,906 Posts
I've noticed similar. There are a lot out there selling at similar prices - all 'as new'. I would rather try and get close to that price from an AD than go down that route, but that's just me.

If it was a heavier discount from Chrono24 sellers then it becomes much more appealing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've noticed similar. There are a lot out there selling at similar prices - all 'as new'. I would rather try and get close to that price from an AD than go down that route, but that's just me.

If it was a heavier discount from Chrono24 sellers then it becomes much more appealing.
I haven't heard back from US AD yet, but based on their listprice, I am looking at almost 30 percent better price ($600 on this particular model) through one of the Chrono24 sellers. With full warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts