WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a stupid question, but...are there any? Im about to order from pokeymonu and was wondering if I would have to pay anything to US customs? Im guessing the answer is yes.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but...are there any? Im about to order from pokeymonu and was wondering if I would have to pay anything to US customs? Im guessing the answer is yes.
My personal experience is that I have never had to pay US Customs on anything.................and, yes, I have bought plenty from overseas!

·
Registered
345 Posts
some friend in US buy me watches.. from asian sites... and he ships to me after he gets the stuff... i ordered a watch from superchrono... the value on the invoice was 50$.. no custom duties... i ordered another 2 watches from the same superchrono.. the value on the invoice was around 400$.. he paid 17$ custom taxes

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
It will depend on how the customs and value of the watch are described on the shipping invoice.

Shipping from the US to overseas there is usually around a $80 limit USD below which no customs are usually charged in my experience. Over $80 USD customs get involved.

I received a few watches from overseas. One from Eddie Platts, a Zeno Magellano, and the stated price was $300 and I did have to pay customs, I think around $35. I also received a Revue Thomen from Germany but it was under $80 and no customs. I dont know a lot about receiving other than, if it is marked as "gift", then sometimes customs do not apply.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
It is determined by the seller as to what he puts on the box, some say used, others say gift, then there are some that just put a low ball price on there so you wont have to pay anything at all. I've paid once or twice but like i said it is determined by the seller and country the item (watch is coming form)

·
Vendor
255 Posts
I import regularly - sometimes a few pieces, sometimes hundreds of pieces. And I'll tell you what I do know:

1) country it comes from doesn't matter
2) declared value does matter; but, I have paid $0 customs on some 5K orders, and paid 10% on some $300 orders.

So, its always different. I like to say it depends on the customs official. There are rules, but they aren't always followed to a T.

There are about 100 entries in the HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) for wristwatches. Battery, no battery, 0-1 jewels, less than 17 jewels, over 17 jewels, precious metals, non-precious metals, etc etc. . .

So, you'll always pay something different depending on how the watch is declared.

Marc
www.longislandwatch.com

It is determined by the seller as to what he puts on the box, some say used, others say gift, then there are some that just put a low ball price on there so you wont have to pay anything at all. I've paid once or twice but like i said it is determined by the seller and country the item (watch is coming form)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts