WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I live in the European Union. If I buy a watch from E-bay from a supposed authorised dealer and it comes with a shop V.A.T. receipt / regular invoice but the Casio International Warranty card is not signed, stamped and dated, does this mean my warranty is valid? Or does the Casio International Warranty card need to be signed, stamped and dated for my warranty to be valid?

By the warranty card, I mean is the small rectangular paper card found in the instruction manual.

Thank you, regards,
Claudio. :thanks

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I'm not sure, but none of the G's I've ever bought have arrived faulty.

Maybe worth asking your local Casio office, as it's them who you would have to convince in the event of a problem anyway.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has implications not just for the condition of the watch at the initial purchase, but through the whole warranty period (in the case, it's two years).

Thanks,
Claudio. :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't worry. Casios are very rarely faulty or very rarely go faulty.

They are also without serial numbers so all I ever do is go to the Casio website and register them online. It activates automatically and that should be all you ever need whether you have paperwork or not.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've previously contacted Casio UK about an Oceanus I purchased on eBay from a US seller and they said so long as you have proof of purchase (shop receipt, Paypal invoice etc.) they will honour the International Warranty, which is 2 years as standard on most models.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've previously contacted Casio UK about an Oceanus I purchased on eBay from a US seller and they said so long as you have proof of purchase (shop receipt, Paypal invoice etc.) they will honour the International Warranty, which is 2 years as standard on most models.
Cool, that's what the seller said also. If anyone has different experiences, please let me know! Regards to you all :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts