WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm an old time lurker, first post. Two days ago I received a new GS1000, I love it! However I have not been able to sync it, neither auto or manual. The needle never stops at "ready". Also, the alarm doesn't sound. Could it be that the battery needs more charge?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cuco

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi, I'm an old time lurker, first post. Two days ago I received a new GS1000, I love it! However I have not been able to sync it, neither auto or manual. The needle never stops at "ready". Also, the alarm doesn't sound. Could it be that the battery needs more charge?

Cuco
When I first got mine, it had a problem syncing. I charged the battery
and now it syncs almost anywhere. Shame it doesnt have a battery
level function. Mine is the Japanese gold model that only syncs in US
and Japan. Charge it in sunlight all day, just dont allow it to get hot.
You will love it !, LL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will love it !, LL
Thanks Larry, I'll try your suggestion, and BTW, I'm already loving this GS1000!!!

Thanx again

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also got the gold GIEZ Japanese import, doesnt sync at all, it goes to "ready" for only 30 sec then it quit and doesnt get sync. My MTG1000 sync up really well. I think dual band is a lot weaker on receiving signals than those multi-band. Anyhow, its only 10 seconds behind the real time. it has been like that since I got it, cant figured out how to reset the second hand. It still got, time seems accurate, my multi-band 5600 while it can sync up then if it doesnt sync up for a month, time is 10 sec to 15 sec behind the real time (in a month), the quartz time seems a little weak, I have to sync it up every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
You will love it !, LL

I heard of a guy would put his G in a glass of water by the window and leave it. there to charge. guess that would keep it from getting too hot.:roll: has anybody done that :roll:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I think dual band is a lot weaker on receiving signals than those multi-band.
My experience is the opposite. I bought my dad a dual band one and to our surprise it synced regularly in Australia all the way from the Japan signal. I'm pretty sure it would have the same antenna design as the one you mentioned.

I do suspect that you need your watch to be fully charged up for it to sync regularly though, so perhaps that's the issue. Getting enough sunlight all year in Oz never is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, left the Giez 4 hours in the sun yesterday and 4 today. When Itried setting the alarm, no a beep!!! All I heard was silence.

Also, according to the instructions, I have to press the "A" button for 2 secs in timekeeping mode to activate the manual sync, all I get is: the indicator moves to "N" and then it goes back to the 12 o'clock position. Can anybody clarify the procedure to activate the manual sync.

Even if I'm having a little bit of trouble with mi gs1000, I still love it!!!

Cuco

·
Registered
114 Posts
^^^ You should press more than that, at least 5 or maybe more, 'till it beeps and dial goes to "N" then it goes to "Ready" if you keep pressing the A. If the dial only goes to "N" then it just checking if the sync the last time it receive a signal (either auto or manual sync).

I've had good sunlight on my GS1000 gold, plenty of 'em here in Hawaii, heck its direct sunlight and it should charge up the battery. I was planning to send to Casio but I dont know if Casio USA would honor warranty on Casio import watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ You should press more than that, at least 5 or maybe more, 'till it beeps and dial goes to "N" then it goes to "Ready" if you keep pressing the A. If the dial only goes to "N" then it just checking if the sync the last time it receive a signal (either auto or manual sync).

I've had good sunlight on my GS1000 gold, plenty of 'em here in Hawaii, heck its direct sunlight and it should charge up the battery. I was planning to send to Casio but I dont know if Casio USA would honor warranty on Casio import watch.
Thanks, Netcaster, finaly, after about 20 or more hours of sun, I got a beep. As for the sync, since I live in PR, I have to try very late at night or very early in the morning to try the auto sync, but why bother, I set the time last Friday and the watch is still on time exactly.

I love this Casio GS1000D-1A

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks, Netcaster, finaly, after about 20 or more hours of sun, I got a beep. As for the sync, since I live in PR, I have to try very late at night or very early in the morning to try the auto sync, but why bother, I set the time last Friday and the watch is still on time exactly.

I love this Casio GS1000D-1A
Cuco, there are a lot of threads on this topic in the archives. My suggestion is to forget about manual synch. Just use the nightly automatic synch. If you have read the instructions for nightly automatic synch and you follow the instructions, then your watch will synch automatically every night. Manual synch is unnecessary.

When I buy a new G-Shock, I leave it on a window sill for an entire week. This fully charges the solar battery and gives sufficient time for the auto synch feature to start working. Again, manual synch is unnecessary.

In other words...don't worry, be happy. :-!

By the way, I just researched your "Cuco" pseudonym because "cuca" has quite a different meaning in other Spanish-speaking regions. ;-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
When I buy a new G-Shock, I leave it on a window sill for an entire week. This fully charges the solar battery and gives sufficient time for the auto synch feature to start working.
You've mentioned this a few times, so it must reflect your experience, but it puzzles me. The auto sync has always worked immediately for me. Maybe a little quicker on night two than night one, but in the UK that's probably because it's looking at both the German and UK signal.

In a region that receives a consistent signal, I don't think there's a learning period for auto sync.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cuco, there are a lot of threads on this topic in the archives. My suggestion is to forget about manual synch. Just use the nightly automatic synch. If you have read the instructions for nightly automatic synch and you follow the instructions, then your watch will synch automatically every night. Manual synch is unnecessary.

Hi, Dirk:
If I understand it correctly, to get auto sync I need to set my home as NYC, CHI, etc, I live in PR so to get the correct time I have to set my home as CCS(GMT-4), please correct me if I'm wrong.

In other words...don't worry, be happy. :-!
Hi, Dirk, yes, very happy with the Giez!!!

By the way, I just researched your "Cuco" pseudonym because "cuca" has quite a different meaning in other Spanish-speaking regions. ;-)
Yes, Cuco=male, Cuca=female, plus that thing which I won't mention... hehehe

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You've mentioned this a few times, so it must reflect your experience, but it puzzles me. The auto sync has always worked immediately for me. Maybe a little quicker on night two than night one, but in the UK that's probably because it's looking at both the German and UK signal.

In a region that receives a consistent signal, I don't think there's a learning period for auto sync.
I know it doesn't make sense, but several of us in the U.S. have noticed this. Theoretically, there shouldn't be a "learning period" as you said, but there is a delay for some unknown reason. I don't have any rational explanation. :think:

Perhaps it is related to the solar battery not being fully charged upon arrival of the new watch? I don't know.

(I think a similar situation sometimes occurs for some new subscribers to satellite radio, but I'm not certain.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts