WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a question about my GT000, there are LCD dots on the display amongst the numbers, was it originally like this?

I received the watch in 1997 for my birthday, and I was too dumb about watches back then to notice....:think:

Thanks for your comments ....:-!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I think it's actually a background pattern. If you look on YA, you can see some other watches with similar modules that have the same pattern.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,572 Posts
Hi Pat,

You see that pattern often at the first Auto-EL models (G-Cool, G-Mix Groove Tune). I actually have the same G-Cool. It was one of my first G-Shock's I bought (and my first steel model). It was defective, but I could get a new module for it (at my service centre).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Pat,

You see that pattern often at the first Auto-EL models (G-Cool, G-Mix Groove Tune). I actually have the same G-Cool. It was one of my first G-Shock's I bought (and my first steel model). It was defective, but I could get a new module for it (at my service centre).

Cheers,

Sjors
I see, its all part of the module, glad that the background dots are not on the recent modules, as it bothers me a bit recently.

Thanks Sjors :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,572 Posts
I see, its all part of the module, glad that the background dots are not on the recent modules, as it bothers me a bit recently.

Thanks Sjors :-!
Hi Pat,

I can imagine that. It doesn't make the display clearer, specially in bright sunlight and in the EL back light.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Pat,

I can imagine that. It doesn't make the display clearer, specially in bright sunlight and in the EL back light.

Cheers,

Sjors
Thanks Sjors, your pics are super sharp! |>

I have to learn to take some of these as well.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
It doesn't do much for legibility, but I quite like the effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts