WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a new Orient (Orange) Ray. It's a beautiful watch and my first automatic. However, the watch runs slightly fast and I want to adjust the time slightly backwards. I pulled the crown out (to the second position) assuming that the hands would stop moving. However, they continue to move. I understand that the second hand is supposed to keep moving (because the watch is not hackable) but I expected the minute/hour hands to remain stationary.

There must be a million Ray and Mako owners on this forum. Could one of you guys tell me if the minute (and hour) hand keeps moving when you pull the crown out? I'm not sure if I just don't understand how mechanical watches work or if there is something wrong with the movement/crown on this watch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don' t know why nobody answered. Your watch behaves totally normal. Hacking Second means the watch will stop When crown is pulled Out. No hacking means movement will go on ticking (u can Listen to that) and so all hands will continue moving. Just Set the time, Push back crown and your done.
Cheers
Wilier

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I just got a new Orient (Orange) Ray. It's a beautiful watch and my first automatic. However, the watch runs slightly fast and I want to adjust the time slightly backwards. I pulled the crown out (to the second position) assuming that the hands would stop moving. However, they continue to move. I understand that the second hand is supposed to keep moving (because the watch is not hackable) but I expected the minute/hour hands to remain stationary.

There must be a million Ray and Mako owners on this forum. Could one of you guys tell me if the minute (and hour) hand keeps moving when you pull the crown out? I'm not sure if I just don't understand how mechanical watches work or if there is something wrong with the movement/crown on this watch.

Thanks in advance for your help.
The Makos, Rays and all other entry level Orients do not hack (second hand stop when crown pulled all the way out. Some find that the sign of a Cheap watch, that's pretty humorous since a Patek Phillipe does hack either.

For it's price an Orient Mechanical is a great deal, and fairly accurate to boot.

The real disadvantage with lower end Orient mechanicals isn't the hacking feature, it's the lack of hand winding. Unless you wear one of these watches on a daily basis, it's going to stop, and then after you set it and shake a few times to get it running, you better not have a sedentary lifestyle, because it will soon stop on you again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got a new ray and it's a little on the fast side it self. Just wondering how that issue is going with you? Not sure if I should think something is wrong with the watch. Thanks good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts