WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently acquired a U-Boat Left Hook B45-08. I have done some research and for the life of me I cannot find out what quartz movement it has. All I can find in any description is "Swiss Quartz". I would like to know what model swiss quartz it has?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know they had Swiss Quartz models.

It could be a Ronda quartz movement.

That's what I am assuming as well but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I just really honestly never knew they made quartz models.

If I had to guess which movement, I would say Ronda 515.
OK..after doing some more searching on this forum it seems they did make quartz models but are discontinued....now to find some hard evidence as to the model. And I would agree with you that it would be a Ronda movement.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I didn't know they had Swiss Quartz models.

It could be a Ronda quartz movement.
ETA has quite a number of quartz movements, including some excellent thermocompensated ones. They can be found in Omega Constellation Double Eagle Perpetual Calendars, Breitlings, Sinns, Chopards, Longines among others.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have looked around and found they used a Miyota 550.

Can you provide me some links to that info? I kinda find it hard to believe that U-BOAT would use a Japanese movement. I was thinking more Ronda Swiss.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
"Swiss Quartz" can be ETA,Ronda,ISA...but I think that Italo F. uses Miyota (common in Welder watches-they are created by I.F.)....
I can't say if this one is original but the seller from who you bought this watch has mostly FS and bump posts :think: so......:-s

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Swiss Quartz" can be ETA,Ronda,ISA...but I think that Italo F. uses Miyota (common in Welder watches-they are created by I.F.)....
I can't say if this one is original but the seller from who you bought this watch has mostly FS and bump posts :think: so......:-s
Interesting......

but the fact remains that I still cannot find hard evidence proving what movement it is.....LOL....unless I were to take the watch apart....which would be ugly!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Visit your watchmen and let him open the case.
If the movement is metal (Miyota or ETA quartz) than it's probably OK :)think:) but if the movement is mostly made of plastic (like on cheap quartz watches) than probably <| ...not OK.

Good luck

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm pretty sure U-boat used Miyota Quartz movement for their older models.

I am also sure that the Left hook U-boat B53-08 L1046M uses the Quartz Miyota movement.

I have also came across this model: Left hook U-Boat B45-08 LI046M which was fitted with the 1 jewel Swiss Ronda quartz movement. This was a model from way back when u-boat was first launched and it did have a Swiss Quartz Movement

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I must be losing my mind.....I just looked at the bottom of the watch dial and it reads "MOVIMENTO SVIZZERO". So I assume that means Swiss Movement? Thus meaning it is not Miyota. If I am correct on this.....it leads me back to my original question.....what swiss movement its it?

I just realized too that the movement IS hackable!
Also, the watch is #0100 out of 100 produced for this model.....if that helps.

The plot thickens.....

and thanks to all for your input thus far!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The only swiss quartz movement I have ever seen on a U-boat is a:
1 jewel Swiss Ronda quartz movement

Btw, it was on a Left hook U-Boat B45-08 LI046M where I saw that swiss quartz movement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input!

I guess I will just accept the uncertain fact that it is more than likely a Swiss Ronda movement.

unless someone can come up with evidence to the contrary.....

Again thanks everyone for your input!!!!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
E-mail U-Boat and ask them directly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently acquired a U-Boat Left Hook B45-08. I have done some research and for the life of me I cannot find out what quartz movement it has. All I can find in any description is "Swiss Quartz". I would like to know what model swiss quartz it has?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
email them, I had this same watch and recently sold it. I contacted them and they sent me the original flier for this model line.

email: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts