WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had watches with a quick set date but I noticed that none of the nomos movements w/date have a quick set date. Do those that own a Nomos with date (or any watch without a quickset date), find it cumbersome to set the date? I would wear this watch in rotation with others and the model I'm interested in is a manual winding watch so I couldn't simply just put it on a winder.

:thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well it depends. I own a Nomos Tangente with PR and Date and I keep it wound all time because it's the watch I love and wear the most.
But if one of my watches stops running and I put it back on I always have to move past 12o'clock to see if it was am or pm. On the Nomos if you're on this point you just spin the hours back and forth (that's the method for Nomos - you don't have to turn it all through the days) a few times until you end up with the right date. And that's where you must see for yourself. If you let the watch in the box for say a week or less it's not a big deal for me - that's quickly done. But if you regularly have to correct 10,15 or even more days it could end up being a little annoying.

However Nomos is a great choice and the watches are really really nice - I think you aren't doing anything wrong with them. The date mechanism is rather clever implemented and very small - that's what I like about it and why I can live without the quickset.
If you are really concerned just go to your dealer and try to set the date on a watch and see for yourself if you could live with that.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not much of a problem

I have a Tangente Sport Datum and it is really not that annoying to set the date for even a week. As Musikfreak said, you just need to move the hands forward to change the date the first time to determine AM or PM. Then you move the hands back to about 7:00, move them forward past 12:00 to change the date again, and repeat this back and forth until you get to the right date. If you are in a real hurry, it may not be the easiest thing to do, but you might grab a watch already set anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts