WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was looking through the Best Pam Homage thread and now you guys have forced me to get one and I have a couple questions about size. I can't decide between the 44mm and 40mm versions. I have 6.5 inch wrists so the biggest lug to lug size I can put on is 51mm.
I have had someone tell me that the lug to lugs on the 44mm version are any where from 50-55mm but, they could say which brand produced which sizes. So if any of you have one and could kindly size it and state the brand for me that would be very appreciated. I would love to get the 44mm version but if I can't find one to fit I'll just have to go with the 40mm one to be on the safe side.

Also any pictures of them on smaller wrists would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
As a former panerai owner I can recommend going with a 40. I sold mine (44mm) because it was too big. My wrist is a little bigger than yours but not by much. I think you'd be happier in the long run but the options are more limited in the smaller sizes. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the limited options is another reason I would like to go with the 44 if it fits. As the only place I can seem to find that sells the 40mm is Jackson.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
40mm is a great size for this design. Very solid/compact look and much more comfortable to wear for years to come.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi Ramen,
I can't speak to how different the lug to lug may be on the various homages, but my 44mm version (from Jackson Tse) measures 53mm in total length. Here are a couple pics off the wrist. My wrist is 7.5 inches and it's pretty much my L2L limit...

Regards,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
If 51mm Is the most you can except, Then I am afraid you might be out of luck with the 44mm Pam Homage.

Here Is my Man bush 44mm (That sounds so wrong on so many counts):-d.

Lug-size.jpg

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I wear both my 44mm on my 6,5" wrist without trouble. I think they look perfectly fine. The lugs arch downward a little so they hug my wrist. I even wear it on a black leather Zulu from Natostrapco to give it even more bulk! ;)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
If my wrist was that size i would go for the 40mm.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wear both my 44mm on my 6,5" wrist without trouble. I think they look perfectly fine. The lugs arch downward a little so they hug my wrist. I even wear it on a black leather Zulu from Natostrapco to give it even more bulk! ;)

Is that really a 6,5" wrist?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I also have a question, have a getat 44mm incoming. Dies anyone know the dial size? Im thinking of swapping out the dial and need to know if its 37mm 38mm or something else. Thanks

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
No, I always lie about my wrist size. I'm so self conscious! ;)
There's no need to be ashamed...we won't judge you :-D

OP - just really comes down to how you like to wear your watch. I don't mind bigger watches personally as I like the feeling of the heft of them, but others can't stand that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts