WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now from what I'm learning on this forum, just because a watch is Swiss, and is a quartz, it doesn't mean the watch has "Swiss quartz" movement. Is that a correct statement? Alson, is "Swiss quartz movt" the best out of the quartz bunch? And can you list the quartz movements from cheapest to best.
Thanks a lot ya'll.

S

·
0 Posts
To list all quartz movements from cheapest to the best seems to be a Sisyphus work.
ETA for example produces quartz movements in 6 different grades. "Haut de gamme" is reserved for exclusive watches in the high end range. These are named "Elegance" and are available in 4 sizes. Next to this comes the "Flatline" line, the "Autoquartz with micro generator and Li-accumulator belongs to the "Flatline" range as well, also movements with thermo compensation.
A bright range of movements are offered by the "Normflatline" which means mass production. "Normflatline Standard" describes the 5 most used movements.
Next to that line we have "Ecoline" movements. These movements can´t be repaired. If a defect occures the whole movement well be changed.
"Normline" and "Ecoline" are available in a cheaper version called "swiss parts" for watches without the swiss made sign. The movements are assembled in Thailand and Malaysia.

For me it is impossible to describe the whole market situstion and I can´t compare ETA, Ronda,ISA, Seiko, Citizen, Timex quartz movements

You´ll find a (uncomplete) overview here: http://www.ofrei.com/page_182.html

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for trying Mike. I think the "movement" topic is way too overwhelming for a newbie such as myself. I've only been on this forum for less than a week, and while I've learned a lot about watches, I got a long way to go.

S

·
0 Posts
Well, right. It will need some time to get (at least) an overview. I am into watches since 15 years now and I am still learning every day. ;-)

That´s what makes watch collecting an interesting........... full time job. :-d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts