WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum and a proud new owner of a Zenith Rainbow Multi-colored Flyback--just like the one on Dan's wrist which he snapped a shot of while driving his car. I have a question about the reset pusher (@4 o'clock). When I run the chrono for a while (enough for the hour counter to move away from zero), stop it with the pusher @ 2 o'clock, then try and reset it, the seconds and minutes counter resets to zero, but, the hour counter doesn't move unless I push it really hard. When I push it really hard, it doesn't snap back...it "floats" back while I'm pressing the pusher. Does this sound normal? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Dan E.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hello Dan welcome to the Zenith Forum,

i think it's a technical Problem, my Fly-back (the non-multi-colored one)
reset perfect with the same Movement (405Z)
i don't know what's the reason for this problem, but i think service is needed, how old is your Fly-back?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
My Fly-Back is close to the first year run. But it may have been serviced before.

At any rate, a common "feature" of the FB is that they require a firm or even secondary push to reset the hour counter. It does not snap back. Many times, I will press the reset button twice to make sure it goes back to zero. And as Dan E was trying to describe, you need to keep the reset button pressed until it goes back to zero.

It is the way the movement is made and operates, not a defect. I think someone a long time ago gave the explanation, but it may have been lost in the transition of forum software.

That said, if it does not reset after a couple of firm pushes or does not reset at all, an adjustment may need to be made.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Fly-Back is close to the first year run. But it may have been serviced before.

At any rate, a common "feature" of the FB is that they require a firm or even secondary push to reset the hour counter. It does not snap back. Many times, I will press the reset button twice to make sure it goes back to zero. And as Dan E was trying to describe, you need to keep the reset button pressed until it goes back to zero.

It is the way the movement is made and operates, not a defect. I think someone a long time ago gave the explanation, but it may have been lost in the transition of forum software.

That said, if it does not reset after a couple of firm pushes or does not reset at all, an adjustment may need to be made.
Thanks, Dan and UVox, for such speedy replies. I really appreciate your help. I must say, however, that I like Dan's answer a little better (no offense UVox).....just because I'd rather hear that there is nothing wrong with my new purchase.
Dan E.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE!...Question about resetting hour counter on Rainbow Flyback.

Hello,
After consulting with a few others who have had similar concerns regarding the hour register not resetting properly, I decided to send my Zenith Rainbow Flyback back to Zenith just to have them check it out--it was and is still under warranty, so, what did I have to lose? After being gone for only about 4 weeks, I received my Flyback shipped backe to me via FedEx Overnight. I ran the chronograph for about 2 hours, stopped it with the start/stop pusher at 2:00, then lightly pressed the reset pusher at 4:00 and viola--back to zero it went, almost effortlessly. Although it may be true, that a very firm, continuous push may be required to fully reset the hour register back to zero and that this is a normal characteristic of the Flyback movements as Dan and others had indicated previously, I think, somehow, the Zenith technicians can adjust or "loosen" the reset function so that it returns to zero just like the seconds and minutes registers do.

I also feel compelled to express my extreme satisfaction with Zenith (LVMH USA) and with the LVMH After Sales Service Division. I first went straight to Karen Conrad, Executive Assistant to Paul Ziff, with my concerns and she responded to my email immediately. She "walked me through" the initial returns process personally and continued to monitor the progress until the watch was shipped back to me. She even asked me to let her know when I get it back and if I am satisfied with the service performed on the watch. This is the secretary to the president of Zenith North America people. How many larger watch manufacturers offer that kind of "personal service"!?

I couldn't be happier with Zenith, the company, and my exceptional timepiece, the Rainbow Flyback.
:gold

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: UPDATE!...Question about resetting hour counter on Rainbow Flyback.

I have a vintage Movado Datron with caliber 3019 and it has the same
feature(not a problem). I am using this feature as an hour totalizer if I need.For example for interrupted driving.Because it continue on from where it stops.
Any comments?
Hikmet

Hello,
After consulting with a few others who have had similar concerns regarding the hour register not resetting properly, I decided to send my Zenith Rainbow Flyback back to Zenith just to have them check it out--it was and is still under warranty, so, what did I have to lose? After being gone for only about 4 weeks, I received my Flyback shipped backe to me via FedEx Overnight. I ran the chronograph for about 2 hours, stopped it with the start/stop pusher at 2:00, then lightly pressed the reset pusher at 4:00 and viola--back to zero it went, almost effortlessly. Although it may be true, that a very firm, continuous push may be required to fully reset the hour register back to zero and that this is a normal characteristic of the Flyback movements as Dan and others had indicated previously, I think, somehow, the Zenith technicians can adjust or "loosen" the reset function so that it returns to zero just like the seconds and minutes registers do.

I also feel compelled to express my extreme satisfaction with Zenith (LVMH USA) and with the LVMH After Sales Service Division. I first went straight to Karen Conrad, Executive Assistant to Paul Ziff, with my concerns and she responded to my email immediately. She "walked me through" the initial returns process personally and continued to monitor the progress until the watch was shipped back to me. She even asked me to let her know when I get it back and if I am satisfied with the service performed on the watch. This is the secretary to the president of Zenith North America people. How many larger watch manufacturers offer that kind of "personal service"!?

I couldn't be happier with Zenith, the company, and my exceptional timepiece, the Rainbow Flyback.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

Mine dod that for a while but that has been corrected following a service.
Just noticed that my watch actually stops if I have the chronograph on for any more than 10 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

Just noticed that my watch actually stops if I have the chronograph on for any more than 10 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?
Mine was ok, even chronograph runs for hours. Maybe it's time for servicing?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have a vintage Movado Datron with caliber 3019 and it has the same
feature(not a problem). I am using this feature as an hour totalizer if I need.For example for interrupted driving.Because it continue on from where it stops.
Any comments?
Hikmet
Hello Hikmet,
I thought about that too, but, for me, I had to press the pusher way too hard for it to feel like normal operation.
Dan E.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Mine will run for as long as I keep it going. I've come to my own conclusion that because of the quality of this watch and it's movement, if it doesn't run like the "best watch you've ever owned" (within reason), it isn't right. Zenith will make it right for you.
Dan E.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

Hello,

Thanks very much for the feedback! Wear it in best of health,

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts