WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out that most Rolex watches made from 2002 onward now have a holographic rolex crown etched at the six o'clock position where the "swiss made is". This requires a 20X loupe in order to view it. I was wondering if you have Rolex replace the crystal does it also appear on the new replacement. Can someone who has had a crystal replaced on a rolex after 2002, check and see if this is the case.:thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
I recently found out that most Rolex watches made from 2002 onward now have a holographic rolex crown etched at the six o'clock position where the "swiss made is". This requires a 20X loupe in order to view it. I was wondering if you have Rolex replace the crystal does it also appear on the new replacement. Can someone who has had a crystal replaced on a rolex after 2002, check and see if this is the case.:thanks
Yes, the crown will have an "S" etched in the middle. BTW, it is actually etched inside the crystal with a laser. =) maverick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts