WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need answer as I am look for an Oris in a rubber strap. Is it necessary to cut the Oris rubber straps? From pictures, I would say sizing is very flexible on the straps.

Do people cut it because there is too much rubber tucked in after you wear it? If people do cut it, which side do you cut from?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I didn't cut mine. I actually like that rubber tucked under, it sticks to the wrist and allows the strap to be worn looser but not move around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
Eric, some of the rubber straps have to be cut to length at the clasp end. Oris brought out the sliding sledge rubber strap for the divers to do away with this and only people with wrists as thin as mine need to cut the straps to make the watch fit. I do know of some owners who have cut off the end of the strap for comfort as the tongue of the strap wraps around the wrist. Mine's never bothered me and besides it's not supposed to be done as it cuts off the final safety stop that prevents the watch falling off your wrist if the clasp comes undone and the adjuster comes out of its hole (highly unlikely)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you, I forgot to mention I was only talking about the straps for the Divers. If I can choose, of course I do not what to cut anything and it seems like to me an Oris rubber strap does not need to be cut because my wrist is about 7.5 inches.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
The Aquis divers and the Prodivers use the new rubber strap with diver extension clasp that doesn't require any cutting of the strap. It's a brilliant system (I think it's the best on the market). Macro adjustments are made by sliding the loose end of the strap into the clasp and fastening it at the appropriate length. Micro adjustments can be made directly on the clasp, while wearing the watch, by using the diver extension buttons and sliding the opposite strap end into a looser or tighter position on the clasp. It provides a quick and easy system to size the strap, and will fit a huge range of wrist sizes. There might be other diver models that use it as well, but my only experience has been with the Aquis and Prodiver models.

Here's what the system looks like.

DSC03945_c2.JPG

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I really want to get a Oris with rubber strapp, I've been looking at the Oris Aquis Regulator Tubbataha, looks very nice in bracelet and rubber.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
Eric, I think I mentioned in my earlier post that I needed to cut the rubber strap (only a bit) on my 49mm PDD so that it would fit my huge 6.75" wrist. You should have no such fun and games with the Tubb.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Eric, I think I mentioned in my earlier post that I needed to cut the rubber strap (only a bit) on my 49mm PDD so that it would fit my huge 6.75" wrist. You should have no such fun and games with the Tubb.
Sticky where did you end up getting yours from mate? Ive been quoted £150 from a AD in Hull

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Btw, is this system patented? I was wonder why not more companies use such brilliant system

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
Sticky where did you end up getting yours from mate? Ive been quoted £150 from a AD in Hull
Hi Nick, I bought the watch, bracelet and strap all as a job lot from my local AD. I've just rung them for a price on the strap but they can't help me as their supplier is closed now until the new year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Nick, I bought the watch, bracelet and strap all as a job lot from my local AD. I've just rung them for a price on the strap but they can't help me as their supplier is closed now until the new year.
Ok mate, no worries. If you do get 2 minutes when they are open i'd be interested to know what the script is before i commit to a purchase at £150 |>

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Aquis divers and the Prodivers use the new rubber strap with diver extension clasp that doesn't require any cutting of the strap. It's a brilliant system (I think it's the best on the market). Macro adjustments are made by sliding the loose end of the strap into the clasp and fastening it at the appropriate length. Micro adjustments can be made directly on the clasp, while wearing the watch, by using the diver extension buttons and sliding the opposite strap end into a looser or tighter position on the clasp. It provides a quick and easy system to size the strap, and will fit a huge range of wrist sizes. There might be other diver models that use it as well, but my only experience has been with the Aquis and Prodiver models.

Here's what the system looks like.

View attachment 1326547
Wow that's awesome, can you buy the clasp separately somewhere?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Wow that's awesome, can you buy the clasp separately somewhere?

I was told no by a couple of ADs. You can either buy the replacement strap alone or the strap and clasp as a pair, but not the clasp only. You would need the strap anyway because the regular Oris rubber straps aren't compatible with the new-style extension clasp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Btw, is this system patented? I was wonder why not more companies use such brilliant system
My Oris divers has the older style and was cut. By the looks of the image and description of this new one though, it sounds like the same/a similar system to the leather strap on my Tissot Tradition.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
My Oris divers has the older style and was cut. By the looks of the image and description of this new one though, it sounds like the same/a similar system to the leather strap on my Tissot Tradition.
Like this one? That's a standard butterfly style deployant clasp. It isn't anything like the Oris diver extension clasp and strap.

zegarek-tissot-tradition-t0636103603700-t0636103603700-.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts