·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to the watch game and would like to purchase my first vintage watch. I found a watch that appeals to me on Etsy. Does anyone know if this is legit? Has anyone dealt with this seller before? Not sure exactly what to look for when buying a vintage so any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 13094049

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482226...e=gallery&ga_search_query=&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Thank you,
The watch itself looks legit, it's a Raketa from probably 70s or 80s.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The watch itself looks legit, it's a Raketa from probably 70s or 80s.
Thank you! Seems like there are a lot of vintage Russian watches from the 70s and 80s so its hard to tell what is real and fake. Does anyone have any sellers on Etsy they recommend for vintage products?

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
You should examine particular pieces, not sellers, countries, genders or other things that are not related to the actual watches :)

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to the watch game and would like to purchase my first vintage watch. I found a watch that appeals to me on Etsy. Does anyone know if this is legit? Has anyone dealt with this seller before? Not sure exactly what to look for when buying a vintage so any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 13094049

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482226...e=gallery&ga_search_query=&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Thank you,
It is standard Raketa from 70ies. Chromed case, around 34mm. Movement should be Poljot 2609. If you can get it for 30-40$ it is ok.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This watch is popular among Russian collectors called Raketa Jeans. The main thing in these watches is cosmetic condition, and this particular watch it is not perfect. I am sure that you will be able to find such a watch in good condition with time. The price is too high.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Russian watches are pretty good for the price you pay, some cases are chromed brass so make sure you look for wear, some Russian chrome cases are pretty good take my poljot alarm watch I own some people thought it was steel case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts