WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vostok Komandirskie watch. How do you change the date on it?The crown doesn't seem to have a first click where most watches usually have. The instructions are in Russian, so I don't know. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the Forum. Most Russian watches don't have quick set dates, so you have to do it the long way, unfortunately! Wind the hands round until you reach "midnight" , and the date will change.When this has happened, wind the hands backwards to 8 o'clock (some watches will work going back to 9 o'clock), then wind them forward to "midnight" again, and the date will change once more. Carry on doing this until you reach the required date - and don't worry about winding the hands backwards - they are built to accept this (like some vintage Omegas are). Best of luck. ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What an idiot I am. I would turn the time 24hrs to get to the next date. At least this is easier than the way I was doing it. I will try this. Thanks for your help, Junior!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the Forum. Most Russian watches don't have quick set dates, so you have to do it the long way, unfortunately! Wind the hands round until you reach "midnight" , and the date will change.When this has happened, wind the hands backwards to 8 o'clock (some watches will work going back to 9 o'clock), then wind them forward to "midnight" again, and the date will change once more. Carry on doing this until you reach the required date - and don't worry about winding the hands backwards - they are built to accept this (like some vintage Omegas are). Best of luck. ;-)
Great information. Is there any danger of harming the movement by turning the crow too quickly?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great information. Is there any danger of harming the movement by turning the crown too quickly?
I wouldn't think so. Like all Russian/CCCP watches, the Vostoks are very robust, and built to last, and I'm sure they cater for people winding at different speeds. The only problem I have if I wind backwards too quickly is that I suddenly find I am at 4 o'clock instead of 8 o'clock!!:-D :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts