WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellas,

I bought a DIEVAS divergraph blue from andy at gnomonwatches.

Everything was good until after about 4 months while jogging the bezel fell off. By Bezel i mean it's still on bu tthe bit whic has the numbers on it fell off :-|

Now i have no idea what to do. I have the original international guarantee card which says

"12 months from the original purchase date against all manufacturing defects. Crowns, cases, crystals, straps, bracelets, batteries, accidents and abuse are not covered by this warranty."

Does that mean i'm fine? Even if i am, where do i send it? Their website is pretty bodgy and they have no direct number.

Can someone help?

Thank you

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Have you emailed Anders at gnomonwatches? I am sure he can recommend what's the best thing to do.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Simple problem, simple solution!

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/contact.htm

Unfortunately watches do fail.

Hey there fellas,

I bought a DIEVAS divergraph blue from andy at gnomonwatches.

Everything was good until after about 4 months while jogging the bezel fell off. By Bezel i mean it's still on bu tthe bit whic has the numbers on it fell off :-|

Now i have no idea what to do. I have the original international guarantee card which says

"12 months from the original purchase date against all manufacturing defects. Crowns, cases, crystals, straps, bracelets, batteries, accidents and abuse are not covered by this warranty."

Does that mean i'm fine? Even if i am, where do i send it? Their website is pretty bodgy and they have no direct number.

Can someone help?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
My Divergraph decided to self-destruct last week, so I e-mailed Anders and he let me know where and how to send the watch back to Singapore for service.

E-mails back and forth were always answered promptly and I have confidence, at this point, that service will proceed without a hitch.

HTH

·
Registered
833 Posts
i just sent mine off last thursday to anders. its the divergraph pro blue also . the probem i was having i only had it about 2 weeks but the bezel seemed loose at 6 o clock the bezel should not be loose and if you tapped on top of bezel it makes clicking sound . the bezel really is on flimsy . they told me the bezel was on springs and because it was ceramic it had to have play in it . i dunno. i like the watch but i think the bzel design is the problem .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys any idea on how long it usually takes? Ive sent the watch by post like two weeks ago but no word so far...:-(

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Guys any idea on how long it usually takes? Ive sent the watch by post like two weeks ago but no word so far...:-(
I sent mine off to Singapore on August 28. Anders said it should be ready to ship back by the end of this week, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Looks like one should allow at least 6 weeks turnaround time for a warranty repair.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hey, i have the SAME EXACT watch. my chronograph hand fell off after about 3 weeks of owning it, and honestly, for no reason. no jarring hits, nothing. it just... dropped off.
i got the watch "fixed" at a local jewelry store, and they butchered it. the watch barely works, now. i spoke to Anders via email, and it was all "no problem, send it back" i purchased a U1 since then, so i just haven't gotten around to sending it back.
i've lost some faith in the watch, i was really excited when i first saw it, then purchased it. but since then, i've read 100 or so complaints about it, and there's almost always one on the sales forum, a lot of catch and release. usually at a loss.

i, for one, regret ever buying it. i've got seiko's i've gotten for 1/3 of the price that i can drive nails with.

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey,
dont worry peeps, ive bought a fair few watches from Anders, and hes a stand up guy, he will take care of youse and yr watch problems. ;-);-) That said, i was a little suprised when i hear of the QC issues with the DG. I have the exact same watch too, and i use it everywhere, runs, swims etc2, hasnt given me a problem. Some mates saw mine n bought a few, worked a charm for them. Its a great lookin, substianal wearing watch, diff from the usual H3 trasers luminox KHS variety. I guess there always lemons yea and but i agree QC control must improve fitting for this great design. :-!:-!

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
hey, i have the SAME EXACT watch. my chronograph hand fell off after about 3 weeks of owning it, and honestly, for no reason. no jarring hits, nothing. it just... dropped off.
That's what happened to mine - first a Tritium tube dislodged itself, then the chronograph hand fell off :-s

This bothers me as I did not abuse the watch in any way - no bumps or hits.

Even if I get it back looking OK, my confidence has been seriously shaken :-(

·
Registered
461 Posts
to clarify...
i'm not doubting the warranty or coverage, and definitely not Anders' reputation, he's been a pleasure to deal with every time i've spoken to him, and no problems have arisen about getting it fixed under warranty (though, i'm wondering if i voided the warranty by having a third party try and make the repairs, first)

it's just that, though my confidence in the watch being severly shaken, quite close to dislodged.
even when i get it fixed, i doubt i'll ever reach for it in the morning. i'm afraid it's just gonna sit there, maybe Bay it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It indeed is very dissapointing.

Thing was i'm known by my family and friends as a watch enthusiast, and my brother basically had a lot of faith in my when asking for a watch.

So i bought him this exact watch i sent of to repair. I told me the watch was 100% durable and military style, and honestly now i feel like i should of spent the money on something else, perhaps a good KH3 or Marathon....

it's just really embarrassing when something just falls off....

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's just that, though my confidence in the watch being severly shaken, quite close to dislodged.
even when i get it fixed, i doubt i'll ever reach for it in the morning. i'm afraid it's just gonna sit there, maybe Bay it.
is the manufacturing quality of the Divergraphs low?
should I stay clear of them ...

I've been looking for a tritium chronograph for around $300 and finally thought I'd found one, but then found this thread ...

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey there,
i have a DG and a few mates have got them after seeing mine. imo its a good watch especially when u compare it to the traser, KHS, luminox variety, to me there r a little blend, almost recyling the same case again and again. :-s The DG is affordable, unique, finish is as good as any watch around this price range. But i understand why any potential Dievas customer might be a little put off by this thread, however the bigger picture is the worst scenerio always comes out in a public forum like this. There are always lemons in any production, most important is Anders will come through to get that solved. :-!:-! i know being a DG owner, my opinion might come across as somewat biased, but honestly, put the DG alongside other watches in this category, i dun see the DIevas as being inferior. ;-)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I realise i may have put off many people from this thread.

I have to state, IT IS A GOOD WATCH! After Anders fixed it, it's actually been great, working perfectly. I think i was just one of the unlucky people who received a defective unit (less than 0.01% of people). I changed the NATO strap to the bond one and i've received many compliments.

Guys i highly recommend this watch, don't get put off just because one or two people had a bad history. This watch actually receives good wristtime compared to my others currently :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guys i highly recommend this watch, don't get put off just because one or two people had a bad history. This watch actually receives good wristtime compared to my others currently :)
Nice that everything turned out okay.

Are you able to make some pictures of the watch when it is on the nato?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts