WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I wanted to completely make a question on the Casio Pro Trek Japanese model PRW-1100 in titanium and crystal Sapphire. It wanted to know if to this model concretely this made completely in titanium or has some pieces in resin or plastic? Thanks

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I can't answer your question, but someone who can will be along in time...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, i think you're talking about the CASIO PRW1100YT-1JF (for me, the real top of the 70,80,90s protrek/pathfinder watch lines)...
Well...

1) a hard metal ring it's place all around the internal main module for rigidity (i think it's made on stainless steel but could be made by titanium as in some G-Shocks)

2) PRW1100YTs differentiate from 80YTs with a bracelet closing system all made in titanium

3) PRW1100s (with nylon band and in black version with titanium bracelet) all are equipped with main module numbered 3042 (all others protrek/pathfinders multiband waveceptors have module 3043 or some variants)
This (3042) module originates from module used in another japanese only pathfinder series: 1000.
Its long wave receiver can only tuning on JJY longwave station (40 and 60 KHertz).

4) last (for now as i'm in costant investigation in what 3042 module actually differs from all others models) but not least, only PRW1100 series have sapphire crystal (not glass, amorphous material) with anti reflective coating like in camera lenses.
Synthetic sapphire is the most hardest material in Moh's scale (only borazon BN are more hard as Sjors knows...)
Shimano's hubs are made by borazon...like in mine TREK 6500 disc...
Thanks and merry Christmas !

santasmile

Regards...

Marco.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Pablo,
PRW1100 is 5 band capable (Germany DCF77, U.S.A @ 60KHz, MSF @ 60KHz and two stations from Japan: one @ 40KHz and the other @ 60KHz) PRW1000 doesn't (it's bi-band and only receive in Japan).
Thanks.

Marco.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Pablo,
PRW1100 is 5 band capable (Germany DCF77, U.S.A @ 60KHz, MSF @ 60KHz and two stations from Japan: one @ 40KHz and the other @ 60KHz) PRW1000 doesn't (it's bi-band and only receive in Japan).
Thanks.

Marco.
A question for which it has east model, the PRW-1100 the Japanese model, breaks with much facility plastic enlistments of the titanium strap? Merry Christmas

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,I wanted to completely make a question on the Casio Pro Trek Japanese model PRW-1100 in titanium and crystal Sapphire. It wanted to know if to this model concretely this made completely in titanium or has some pieces in resin or plastic? Thanks

Jose,

Assuming similar construction to the
PRW-1000TJ & PRW-1100BJ,...
the PRW-1100YTJ has titanium only in the wrist bracelet.
The metal ring around the crystal just might be titanium, also.

Regards,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jose,

Assuming similar construction to the
PRW-1000TJ & PRW-1100BJ,...
the PRW-1100YTJ has titanium only in the wrist bracelet.
The metal ring around the crystal just might be titanium, also.

Regards,
Then in summary… the supports that the strap of titanium underneath hooked to the box of the clock has will be able to crack or to give off nooo with time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts