WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you acquired your APRO, especially those of you who acquired it brand new in plastics, did you find the inner surface of the bracelet to be somewhat rough and scratchy? Basically the edges of the links and internal linkages to be on the sharp side

If so, how did you alleviate it?

My Globemaster bracelet was like this out of the box, but it remedied itself through repeat wearings. Just wanted to understand if this is normal for the APRO.

Thanks in advance,
Alysandir

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Yep but not enough to cause me any discomfort or other problems, actually hasn't changed . . .

Reactions: Alysandir

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep but not enough to cause me any discomfort or other problems, actually hasn't changed . . .
I wouldn't call it uncomfortable, just very surprising (at least to me). I guess I expected the inner surface to be smooth as butter.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
I wouldn't call it uncomfortable, just very surprising (at least to me). I guess I expected the inner surface to be smooth as butter.

Regards,
Alysandir
No disagreement there, I think the best bracelet I've had on from that perspective was from Vacheron . . .

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had a 15400 for about 2 years and the bracelet inside did carry a bit of an edge but I never felt like it would scratch me. The edge did not change over time. Which makes given that the only thing rubbing against it is skin, which is softer than metal.

·
Premium Member
17,789 Posts
When you acquired your APRO, especially those of you who acquired it brand new in plastics, did you find the inner surface of the bracelet to be somewhat rough and scratchy? Basically the edges of the links and internal linkages to be on the sharp side

If so, how did you alleviate it?
The inner surface of my 15400 bracelet is fine but the edges are indeed on the sharp side. Never thought of it as a problem though; they haven't irritated my wrist and in fact, I like running my finger over them when I'm in a boring meeting... YMMV.

Reactions: Alysandir

·
Registered
424 Posts
No disagreement there, I think the best bracelet I've had on from that perspective was from Vacheron . . .
Never tried on a VC but I owned a Blancpain where the inner side of the bracelet was fully polished which was surprising because the outside was brushed and polished. I don’t think being fully polished made any difference in feel.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, FWIW, I spent about a week wearing the bracelet and gently rubbing the inside of the bracelet with a microfiber cloth. It's still on the rough side, but much less irritating.

My thanks to all who responded.

Regards,
Alysandir

Reactions: apudabam

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
I just checked - nope. You can feel the individual segments of the bracelet when you run your finger on the underside but nothing rough or scratchy: think "textured", perhaps. And definitely not uncomfortable.

(And did you really effectively sand down your bracelet with your skin?? :) )

·
Registered
852 Posts
i agree with that, VC seems to have came up with the best integrated bracelet. from all aspects, smoothness of the links, functionality and security of the clasp, ease of change etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts