WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about buying a DW-6600. However, pictures of them show a large red "G" on the face when they are illuminated. <| Do they all show that obnoxious red G when illuminated?

:thanks
Wardo

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
DW-6600's with the module 1199 will always have the 'G' in the EL backlight. The DW-6620/40's have a different module but they're hard to find and I'm not certain what's in their backlight.

Cheers, Greg

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,519 Posts
The DW-6600 in black standard color are not having the G in backlight, only the special color versions in yellow, red or purple. :-!

So look for the cheapest new version, the DW-6600-1XX.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
They don't always show the G ........ :-d

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The DW-6600 in black standard color are not having the G in backlight, only the special color versions in yellow, red or purple. :-!

So look for the cheapest new version, the DW-6600-1XX.
Thanks, d2mac and casiophile! :thanks Need some clarification, though. Just went to the Casio website and it shows a DW6600-C1V in black with the red G. <| As casiophile points out, it does have the 1199 module.

What was Casio thinking???? :-s

Did the 6600's issued to the military have the red G?

BR,
Wardo

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
it all depends on the model number - the DW-6600-1V is the one without the "G" - the DW-6600C has the "G" in the backlight.

Greetings, Sedi:)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,519 Posts
Thanks, d2mac and casiophile! :thanks Need some clarification, though. Just went to the Casio website and it shows a DW6600-C1V in black with the red G. <| As casiophile points out, it does have the 1199 module.

What was Casio thinking???? :-s

Did the 6600's issued to the military have the red G?

BR,
Wardo
The module 1199 is used in any DW-6600. With or without G.
I dont agree with Casiophile, the module no. is not giving a proper decision. :-(

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The module 1199 is used in any DW-6600. With or without G.
I dont agree with Casiophile, the module no. is not giving a proper decision. :-(
Yes! You're right. I located a pic of a DW-6600-1VZ [1199] that had no 'G' in the backlight. Good call. :-!

Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What model was the military issue (Navy, I think)? Did it have the red G?

Found a 6600-1V (non-red G) available by a web seller. Is that current production or is it likely to be NOS?

Cheers!

·
Registered
946 Posts
i think most of them actually have the G in the backlight.

·
Registered
946 Posts
i just bought the DW6600C-1V through amazon for $43. hoping it shows up tomorrow. and hoping it has the G, especially since the pic on the site has the G.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
HAHA! i just got my 6600 foxfire yellow last night, and the G in the background is the coolest thing since my hi-top Adidas! :-d

Its classic, its in-your-face, and most importantly, its "G". :-!

To each his own, but i personally think the large G is the coolest background ive seen since the stealth fighter background in a stealthed out G i saw a while back.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
HAHA! i just got my 6600 foxfire yellow last night, and the G in the background is the coolest thing since my hi-top Adidas! :-d

Congrats, sounds great. So let's see it man!! :-!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
What model was the military issue (Navy, I think)? Did it have the red G?

Found a 6600-1V (non-red G) available by a web seller. Is that current production or is it likely to be NOS?

Cheers!

Navy SEALs/EOD are issued the model with the red G. Probably just whatever is currently available, but I know the red G's are out there.

·
Registered
420 Posts

To each his own, but i personally think the large G is the coolest background ive seen since the stealth fighter background in a stealthed out G i saw a while back.

I have a dw6630 and i love it. the only thing the battery just die

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

welcome to the club! although it is part of the 6600 family, its actually a 6630 (B9)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts