WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I’m picking up the hesalite tomorrow. I was speaking to my AD today and she recommended the hesalite over the sapphire as well. Kind of surprised - I expected her to suggest the higher priced item

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
So I’m picking up the hesalite tomorrow. I was speaking to my AD today and she recommended the hesalite over the sapphire as well. Kind of surprised - I expected her to suggest the higher priced item
Congrats on the Speedy Pro. I would have opted for the hesalite as well, and did.

·
Registered
192 Posts
She knows you'll be back next year to add the sapphire to your growing speedy collection.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Exciting day .... I'm sure we will see pictures.

Did your AD substantiate the recommendation? I think it really can be argued both ways, both hesalite and sapphire have pros and cons when compared / contrasted and it boils down to personal choice / preference. Life was much easier 7584 days ago when I picked up my 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, hesalite was the only option that I was aware of.
Which brings me to my question: anybody here knows when the sapphire was introduced on the Speedmaster?

Good luck / enjoy collecting your Speedmaster Professional, @bunnswatch

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Okay so I got it. Wore it out. You can see some of the plastic on it. Got an omega pen with it. And it came with everything pictured in the post above. I am really happy.

I also tried on a seamaster and was blown away by the wrist presence. I never was a fan of Omega - but I can definitely see my next few purchases being from Omega.

Attachments

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
19,637 Posts
View attachment 15504714
Okay so I got it. Wore it out. You can see some of the plastic on it. Got an omega pen with it. And it came with everything pictured in the post above. I am really happy.

I also tried on a seamaster and was blown away by the wrist presence. I never was a fan of Omega - but I can definitely see my next few purchases being from Omega.
Nice job. I keep wandering all over WUS talking about this-n-that, but if my CFO (wife) says to go buy a watch tomorrow, I'd be heading to a local AD down the road to buy a Speedy.

·
Premium Member
23,065 Posts
LOL. The sales person who sold me the Speedmaster recommended the sapphire because it is “scratch proof” and “better” etc etc. I insisted that I wanted the hesalite model. No way was I buying the sapphire after doing all the to and fro in the forum.

·
Premium Member
23,065 Posts
View attachment 15504714

Congratulations! Looks good! Omega definitely makes good watches.

·
Registered
192 Posts
View attachment 15504714

Congrats, you will absolutely love wearing that watch.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
my Ad switched the bracelet to the nato. I kind of want the bracelet bck. the nato is a bit too long for mum preference

Im going to sell the nato strap/velcro and fund a leather strap. at any rate - does anyone have a video to help me put the bracelet back on?! I was trying but don't want to damage the watch int he process

·
Registered
571 Posts
View attachment 15504714

Congratulations, great watch, enjoy. (y)
I have just put mine on after work tonight.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Congratulations, great watch, enjoy. (y) View attachment 15511189 I
have just put mine on after work tonight.
Ha! Looks brilliant!

I have mine on as we type. Honestly, I know I am still in the honey moon period. But I have only felt this way about a watch a number of times - Rolex Sub & Panerai Luminor. I had to sell the Panerai to fund the Rolex. This is def going to be a keeper. Too much of an icon to let go.

I also never liked it in photos - but tried one on when a colleague brought it into work and fell in love. wanted one ever since. I am certainly giddy!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ha! Looks brilliant!

I have mine on as we type. Honestly, I know I am still in the honey moon period. But I have only felt this way about a watch a number of times - Rolex Sub & Panerai Luminor. I had to sell the Panerai to fund the Rolex. This is def going to be a keeper. Too much of an icon to let go.

I also never liked it in photos - but tried one on when a colleague brought it into work and fell in love. wanted one ever since. I am certainly giddy!
They are great watches, it is the 3rd one I have owned & I intend to keep this one.
Funny that you parted with your Panerai to get a Sub, I have just gone the other way as I never wore the Sub.:)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts