WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how big is the UTS Chrono? I'm pondering a deal for one but worry that the top to bottom (lug to lug) length of the thing is too big for my puny wrist. I have a Schaumburg so the height isn't an issue, but that extra-long lug style of the UTS just may be a bit much...

Any side-by-side shots of a Schaumburg next to any UTS would be a big help, but a wrist shot would be cool too...except of course Shane's wrists are the size of tree trunks!

BT

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Just how big is the UTS Chrono? I'm pondering a deal for one but worry that the top to bottom (lug to lug) length of the thing is too big for my puny wrist. I have a Schaumburg so the height isn't an issue, but that extra-long lug style of the UTS just may be a bit much...

Any side-by-side shots of a Schaumburg next to any UTS would be a big help, but a wrist shot would be cool too...except of course Shane's wrists are the size of tree trunks!

BT
Brad,
Its 42mm in Dia.Smaller than your Pannys and the Schaumburg.I think 17mm tall.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
UTS is smaller than your PAMs but they do wear pretty big.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...

This shot is exactly what I needed to see...the length of the lugs compared to the Schaumburg is what really counts, not the diameter of the case. Those UTS lugs are reeeeaaally long! I gotta do some noodling before I pick one of these things up...

BT

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Re: Thanks...

Brad it is such a cool:p , well built brand. Your'e right about the lugs, I love my 1000 but if I cut a band for the UTS it is too short for the Rasmus or the Prodiver.
Regards
Robert

This shot is exactly what I needed to see...the length of the lugs compared to the Schaumburg is what really counts, not the diameter of the case. Those UTS lugs are reeeeaaally long! I gotta do some noodling before I pick one of these things up...

BT

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
No problem Brad ,

The UTS Chrono is a stunning watch ......mine on a 7.5 inch wrist ( very comfortable ) .
Go for it , you will not be dissapointed.

all the best,
Vic :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just snapped a Q&D wristshot of this 3000m (sames case size as chrono?)

Wrist ~ 7.25". Maybe a little taller than your PAMs, but no more spread out or heavier.

Think you'll enjoy it.

:-!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Just snapped a Q&D wristshot of this 3000m (sames case size as chrono?)

Wrist ~ 7.25". Maybe a little taller than your PAMs, but no more spread out or heavier.

Think you'll enjoy it.

:-!

Looks Fantastic Dan! and Vics too with that chrono Black dial, UTS are simply stunning timepieces and No regrets getting them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
See Brad? That's just what I mean.

If a Ballet Choreographer like Shane is comfy w/ his UTSsses, No worries for us normal sized guys!

B-)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wear a UTS 1000 and a 3000 on a 7.25" to 7.5" wrist without a problem.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts