WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 43mm Chronomaster XT Flyback chronograph was imported to ADs in the US, or was it sold at ADs only in the European or overseas markets. I found one I like, but a web search seems to show several examples on Euro sites, but only one here in the US. Any other info would be appreciated as well.

:thanks

David

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,163 Posts
I am afraid I can't really answer that - maybe Dan, who lives in the US, can comment. As far as I know, Zeniths are generally imported into the US to authorized dealers so that, unless perhaps your model is in some way a limited edition, it also ought to crop up there. However, some if not most dealers will taylor their offerings to what the public in their area want. If your model is rarely found at ADs in the US, perhaps it isn't all that popular over there.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ! I'm going to pursue as much research as I can as well. Here's the beast in question, which has really tickled my fancy:

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,163 Posts
A wonderful watch! About the only thing that's missing is the moonphase by disc (I always thought that the moonphase by hand was a disimprovement). The guilloche dial is rather nice. I have the older model with plain silver dial and the Cal. 4001 verson is the only one I'd trade it for.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hartmut, I have to disagree with you on this. I have always been somewhat allergic to the normal moonphase display on watches but I rather like the more subtle pointer system on these.

On the OP's point, I find it hard to imagine that these were not available in the USA but then this version is not that common anywhere to my knowledge.

Dave

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's also a 43mm case, as opposed to the 40mm cases on the blue disc moonphases. But those blue discs do have a nice accent quality to the dial, so Hartmut's point is well-taken; nonetheless, I think I'll be just as happy with the monotone look.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Sorry guys, but moonphase dials rule! :-d

I did not comment as there is no AD close to where I live, so I don't know how to answer the original question.

If an item (in this case the XT FB) is in rare supply, its distribution to retailers is very limited. Since Zenith and ADs is relatively new in the States; therefore the European ADs sell more, and this would mean they would get a broader choice.

I can think of no other reason, and until we get an AD around here, I won't be able to ask.

Cheers!
Dan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone know if the 43mm Chronomaster XT Flyback chronograph was imported to ADs in the US...
Hello David,

The XT is quite an elusive model, but I bought my XT in the US, so can say for certain that they were! :-!

Good choice, and Good luck.

Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello David,

The XT is quite an elusive model, but I bought my XT in the US, so can say for certain that they were! :-!

Good choice, and Good luck.

Regards,
Paul
Hi Paul:
I came to that same conclusion myself, and quickly decided to grab the example in question, which is BNIB with warranty at a price that was very attractive. Honestly, after searching around, I was surprised it was even available. It will arrive Tuesday 10/27. Would anyone mind if I post the striptease and initial wrist photos ? :think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts