WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Real or Fake?

• YES, it's a fake!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! That's real! Wow, you only paid how much?!

• No idea. Why are you asking me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bid on a vintage 2000 series ladies Tag. It looks completely real to me, but I'm not the expert. I was wondering if anyone could put my fears to rest if this is real or not before I fork over the payment. This is the link from the ebay site. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I've been googling it for the last 1.5 hours trying to find all the information I can on this particular model. There are a lot of replicas out there. I'm finding they write the model as 962.008R when it's a fake. This watch is pre 2000. Any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
First rule of thumb is to buy the seller. I'd be concerned that they haven't sold anything since 2006 and have only 4 transactions in the last 2 years.

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I don't think a fake would come with the original Tag Heuer Instructions booklet and International Guarantee booklet do you?. It's looks very legit to me. The problem that should concern you is not that the watch is fake, but the watch might not work after you install a new battery in it. Hence it selling so cheap.
I personally think it's in very bad taste for sellers to sell watches stating "it needs a new battery". They should replace the battery first, see the watch is working, before selling it. what's a battery cost? $5 bucks maybe? to take the cheap way out before selling.
But, if it doesn't work..you should be thankful you are only out of $115.
If it does work? It's a decent score. You should then have it properly serviced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That didn't throw me too much. The last time I sold something on ebay was about 2 years ago. The other items they were selling gave me the impression they were cleaning out the jewelry box. If the seller were from Singapore, I would have skipped right over this. I will say something that caught my eye was the scratches on the sapphire crystal. I read in some forums that Tag didn't always use Sapphire some years ago. I suspect that may be mineral. However it's not impossible to scratch sapphire...but there are quite a few scratches...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts