WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Grand Uncle's Hamilton pocket watch ,and need help with some info on it,The serial # is 1444274.
There are markings on the movement:
21 Jewels
Adjusted 5 Positions
Motor Barrel
Double Roller

Written on the the dial:
Montgomery's Standard Numerical Dial

The Hamilton

The watch is not in great shape,but it is a family heirloom.
I tried taking a few pix,but they did not come out that great.I'll post them tomorrow when I can get them uploaded to this pc

TIA

Joe

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Your watch is one of a lot of 1500 18S Grade 940s made in 1917. I would classify this as a railroad grade watch and it has a lot of nice features, such as a Montgomery dial, motor barrel, and 5 position adjustment. Again this is a traditionalist's watch, as by 1917 the smaller size 16S was in general use in railroad service. Well worth getting serviced and restored, especially since it's a family heirloom and Hamilton is such a great maker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information.I am searching for a watch maker to repair the piece.I spoke to my brother last night and he informed me that the watch belonged to my Grandfather.My Grand Uncles watch was given to another family member in the 80"s

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts