WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the GPW 1000 is available with a proper metal PVD bracelet and not just a plastic strap?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
No, the original equipment options are a resin strap, or the hard plastic bracelet found on the "FC" models.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the original equipment options are a resin strap, or the hard plastic bracelet found on the "FC" models.
Thanks for that, anyone aware of an aftermarket conversion to a metal PVD bracelet?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, on some persistent 'googling', I came across this photo which indicates that a metal style bracelet is available - does anyone have any details of it?

Watch accessory Strap Watch Fashion accessory

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like the plastic/resin bracelet.
Would you know where I could get the Casio part No. and also, does it need any additional hardware to fit?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Would you know where I could get the Casio part No. and also, does it need any additional hardware to fit?
That is the bracelet that fits on the GPW-1000FC-1A9 model. According to pacparts.com, the part no. of the bracelet is: Casio 91087153865

I see that you are in the UK, I don't know if pacparts ships over there. But they sell that bracelet for $117. It would not need any additional hardware to fit. Just be aware that, while the bracelet does have some metal parts to it, the main links are not metal -- rather a hard plastic resin material.

If pacparts does not ship there, you might be able to get it from tictox or from Casio directly.

Reactions: StephenWatch

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I don't have the bracelet, but I assume it attaches with the standard screws. It is listed on the pacparts site, but I don't believe their reference number is the same as the Casio parts number. Since you live in the UK, your best bet would probably be to contact Tiktox, I'm fairly certain they could get one for you. Great place to deal with as well.

Here's the pacparts link for reference

PacParts: 91087153865

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Necropost alert!!!

Did you ever go ahead with the modification Stephen?
Wow, this thread confused me as I don't own this watch! I think at the time 3 years ago I was interested in buying one, but obviously got distracted and bought something else instead! LOL Sorry for such a cr*p ending, hope with this resurrection, someone else will have done that mod to show you...

Reactions: kubr1ck and CC
1 - 10 of 10 Posts