WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the main forum but decided I might get more input here. Thanks!

I am hoping for some help on an older Seiko that my parents gave me when I graduated from University. The designation on the face is SQ100.

I have been searching this forum, other watch forums, google and ebay and have not found out much on this watch. I know it probably is not very valuable but it does have sentimental value to me and I am interested in wearing it again.

The problem I have is that the band is way to small for my wrist now and I do not have the links that I took out all of those years ago. Does anyone know where I can find replacement links for this band?

Even a replacement band would be o.k. but due to the watch construction I have not found a replacement band small enough to fit the face. The current band is only about 8 mm where it attaches to the face.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I have an SQ100 from ~1980. Its a quartz with moonphase -

That is a specialty bracelet that goes on the watch and replacements are LONG gone. The only hope would be to find one on eBay and buy it for the links. I did see one there a month or so ago which indicates to me that they show up from time to time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Mine looks like yours except mine has a white face.

I saw one on ebay this week but it was in Israel and the guy did not take paypal only bidpay. I guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts