WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am looking for a little help. I have come across two pocket watches in my lifetime so far. One is a Marathon 18 jewel which I found when I was i kid in a snow bank and held onto it for all these years. The other one in a Unicorn 17 Jewels which again I happened to find. What I am looking for is a bit of the history of the Manufacturer and the watch itself. I haven't been able to find much online. As I would like to keep them in my collection not knowing the story is driving me crazy, Also they are not work and would like any recommendations where I could get them repaired.

IMG_2440.jpg IMG_2442.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
The Marathon doesn't look old to me. It would help to see that it's inside, but I suspect an entry-level "modern" watch by PW standards.

If I recall correctly, Unicorn was a sub-brand of Rolex that was made to sell at a lower price point. However, there may have been other "Unicorn" watches also. Again, it would be helpful to see photos of back and front, inside and out.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
... Also they are not work and would like any recommendations where I could get them repaired.
It would help to know where you live. Seeing the movements would give us a clearer idea of their condition. However, I suspect you could buy better vintage comparable watches for less than the cost of repair.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Al Archer is in Ontario. That will save on all the customs problems (archerwatches.ca I think). Nothing in the movement photos make me think they are un-repairable. Check the costs. My watchmaker always charges multiple times what I paid for the watch. Your mileage may vary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts