WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on this, but was curious about something...in different pictures (online), I see different shades of the blue, I don't know if it's just different white balance settings used on the cameras, therefore the pictures are coming out different... but even in this video, it seems really blue (which is actually how I like it), I'm just wondering if any owners can chime in...

(so the question is, are there different shades of blue on this model?)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Oh I misread the model. And no, it's not as bright as in the video. That Watch Tanaka pictures and video freaked me out last year. They uploaded the video while I was waiting for the watch to arrive from Japan. And I thought why the color is so different than Casio pic. Turn out the color in WT pics is way too bright.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I misread the model. And no, it's not as bright as in the video. That Watch Tanaka pictures and video freaked me out last year. They uploaded the video while I was waiting for the watch to arrive from Japan. And I thought why the color is so different than Casio pic. Turn out the color in WT pics is way too bright.
hey, if you don't mind me asking, I noticed in this picture that the A1000 seems a little bigger than the A1100FC, is it? Or it's just the angle?

1206447d1377879322-forum-needs-more-pictures-blue-aviator-gw-a1100fc-1ajf-uploadfromtaptalk13778.jpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I liked the darker blue, but I couldnt get to grips with the Hour and Minute hands being black, so I sold mine on.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
hey, if you don't mind me asking, I noticed in this picture that the A1000 seems a little bigger than the A1100FC, is it? Or it's just the angle?

View attachment 1241597
It's the angle. They are about the same size. The 1100 looks bigger because of the taller left bumpers on the bezel and the mix of the metal ring and thin resin around the dial. Here are the comparison pics. I put the blue resin bracelet on the regular GWA1000A. I don't like the black (stealthed) hands of the GWA1000FC.
uploadfromtaptalk1380988840263.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1380988868277.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the angle. They are about the same size. The 1100 looks bigger because of the taller left bumpers on the bezel and the mix of the metal ring and thin resin around the dial. Here are the comparison pics. I put the blue resin bracelet on the regular GWA1000A. I don't like the black (stealthed) hands of the GWA1000FC.
View attachment 1241842
View attachment 1241843

thanks for the pics! Mine is ordered/paid. But I'm going to have it shipped to my mom in California where it's free shipping... If I have it shipped to me here in Vancouver BC/Canada, I get tax up the butt and the shipping is an additional $38... She's coming up to Vancouver in about 3 weeks, so, I'm just going to have her bring it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts