WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had a Submariner when I was in the Army, and shortly thereafter until selling it to pay for college.

I was scuba certified and took it diving many times, including at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba which was simply stunning.

I was also a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division and wore it on every jump, I think about 25 with the watch. I would put duct tape (aka 100mph tape) across the back of the band as an added safety measure, didn't want to drop my watch 1000' feet up.

My buddies thought I was nuts, but I bought the watch to wear.

Good for you: my sentiments exactly

·
Registered
11 Posts
My GMT is more of a dress watch so not that one. The PO 45.5 and Chrono 2599.80 have both been to 80ft. Sorry but that's as deep as I like to dive.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes I regularly travel to the bottom of the ocean and use my watch to its full potential and on my return to the surface I put my moon watch on, get im my rocket and travel to the moon. This is actually my daily commute so thank god for these two watches or I wouldn’t know what to do. I am kind of annoyed with omega not having made an all rounder but I will just have to put up with it for now.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Deep end of my pool for me: 10 feet,....... 600 meters......same thing really!:roll:

I bought my orange PO, because it's just so effin' cool! BTW, It's my understanding that divers don't even need watches any more, except perhaps as a failsafe. They use computerized equipment, with digital readouts, to time their dives.

;-) KAT

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
i take a good soak in the bath with mine and it does fine, give it a clean at the same time lol, but my 60s seamaster failed in that test and misted up, just like the tough looks and at the same time you could wear it with a suit

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
I do a lot of desk diving, does this count? And do you think that anyone really takes a PO or sea dweller compression diving? Of couse they have useless functions and I can almost guarantee you that 95+% of the members on this forum haven't been deeper than the deep end of their pool with their watches. But, hey, its nice to know that if ever I need to go 600meter down with my PO, im covered. :-!
What is "compression diving"?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Took my old Full Size SMP Quartz Diving and Snorkeling a couple times on vacations to Florida and such...Also had my 42mm black / white PO strapped to my wrist while I did the whole "Swim with the Dolphins" at Seaworld San Diego...My current PO is all of a week old so I've not had a chance to take it off shore just yet but we are planning another trip to San Diego this September so I'll be sure to take a couple of watch pictures this go around...Also thinking about picking up another SMP Full Size Quartz just because I feel like a void is missing in my life since it was sold...May have to start scouring the sells forums...

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Mine have only been snorkelling etc..
But, they get wet often with all the rain we have here in Wales:-d

cheers.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
There are some members who have had their Omegas on Compression/saturation dives with them, for those guys that like a mechanical dive watch, they use em!

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
There are some members who have had their Omegas on Compression/saturation dives with them, for those guys that like a mechanical dive watch, they use em!
I was a Saturation Diver but I have never heard it called 'compression diving'. If this is what you are talking about the terminology is not correct.

And actually, the vast majority of Saturation Divers neither need or use a watch when in a saturation system.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I was kayaking this past weekend at my local lake and flipped once. Took a involuntary dive down to 8 feet since the water was so clear and my watch survived. That still leaves 597.5M untested.

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
849 Posts
I am a recreational diver, and have worn almost all my dive watches while actually diving. The only ones I haven't? The watches I bought since my last dive trip :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have a 600m ,a 1200m and a 2500m .
I don't intend to ever get them wet with fresh water , nevermind salt water.
I just like a big 45mm to 54mm watch because there just freekin awesome.
Diving watches rock. But you don't have to be a Diver.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts