WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I hope that you will be able to help me with this. I am absolutely in love with the Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller body style and overall "chunkiness". For all of the general submariner-style cases and watch styles that we see out there, I cannot seem to find a larger and heavier style like the Deep Sea has. Does anyone know of either a parts company that sells these style cases/parts, or a watch that is styled like the Deep Sea?

Thanks!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
There is a chunky DSSD style case,I think produced by Longio, which has 2,000 m resistance and is used by several companies. Wilsons Watch Works, Deep Blue...

Start there.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Hey all, I hope that you will be able to help me with this. I am absolutely in love with the Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller body style and overall "chunkiness". For all of the general submariner-style cases and watch styles that we see out there, I cannot seem to find a larger and heavier style like the Deep Sea has. Does anyone know of either a parts company that sells these style cases/parts, or a watch that is styled like the Deep Sea?

Thanks!
What is your price range? Invicta makes a wide range of Sea Dweller and Deep Sea style watches. For something nicer, you might be able to find a used Debaufre 44 mm version of their Ocean 1. I think new ones are no longer available. I also echo Jason's suggestion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is your price range? Invicta makes a wide range of Sea Dweller and Deep Sea style watches. For something nicer, you might be able to find a used Debaufre 44 mm version of their Ocean 1. I think new ones are no longer available. I also echo Jason's suggestion.
Price range is ideally $1k or below...could stretch to 2k...

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Not precisely the same as the DSSD, but definitely a homage - the Marcello C. Tridente. I've heard some very good reports of Marcello C. quality ... should be able to get one for under $1.5k.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
You defintely won't go wrong with a Tridente at all. It is one of the nicest watches for the price. Lume isn't the best in the world but the craftmanship of the watch isnt' second to any watch I know of. Good luck in your search.
Not precisely the same as the DSSD, but definitely a homage - the Marcello C. Tridente. I've heard some very good reports of Marcello C. quality ... should be able to get one for under $1.5k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help everybody. Does anyone know of parts companies that I could essentially buy all the parts for a watch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts