1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up a watch with the following specs:

Ref:3572.50
Serial No.770300xx

I want the Hesalite crystal, but also a see thru caseback.

I did a search on this watch by serial number to find a year of productions, however most of the charts only go up to 2000. By my guess off this chart:

http://chronomaddox.com/romans.html

is that the watch was from 2002? Last year of production of the 3572.50?

My second question is getting a closed caseback (I know that you can buy a 3570 with a closed back, but I want the option to switch). The only place I was able to find a closed caseback was from Ofrei.com (http://www.ofrei.com/page670.html) It says that "Solid case back for Omega Speedmaster case number 1450022" However I do not know what case number that watch has. Anyone have any ideas?

Also what size lugs does this watch take incase I want to get a leather strap? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
The 3572.50 is my favorite of the modern Speedy Pros. It was discontinued when the 3573.50 "sapphire sandwich" was introduced around 2003.

The movement number charts are useless for determining exact dates of production but from my experience, the 77****** numbers are late models. Many of them came with the black leather case which is also my favorite.

Any of the solid backs used with the cal 861 will work but you will need to change out the movement ring. The 3572/3573 ring is too tall for the solid back.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3572.50 is my favorite of the modern Speedy Pros. It was discontinued when the 3573.50 "sapphire sandwich" was introduced around 2003.

The movement number charts are useless for determining exact dates of production but from my experience, the 77****** numbers are late models. Many of them came with the black leather case which is also my favorite.

Any of the solid backs used with the cal 861 will work but you will need to change out the movement ring. The 3572/3573 ring is too tall for the solid back.

Fr. John†
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll just forget about a solid caseback as a simple swap will not be as easy as I thought.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
It's not that difficult but would require removal of the movement from the case.

This photo shows the standard ring on the left and the 3572.50 movement ring on the right:

Fr. John†

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, doesn't look to be that hard. I may consider it. Would that caseback I posted work? And which movement ring would I need? Thanks for your help J

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Ofrei's part# OME-112ST1139 is the back you want. The ring is OME-079LC0861C.

Rather than $62 for a new one, I have used ring if you are interested.

Fr. John†

1 - 7 of 7 Posts