WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a Khaki Field blue on bracelet and I’ve never had a Hammy bracelet (both that I’ve had in the past were on canvas and leather)

2 questions:

1. Are the links screw-in, or push pin?
2. There’s this weird new bracelet that has a “crease” -for lack of a better term- down the center links. Not a fan of them. Any input on these? Anyone know how Hamilton determines what models get this bracelet?

Top picture from Joma doesn’t show the crease, but I’m not sure how much water that holds. The bottom pic does show it (random photo from the net)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Links are connected with split pins.

The second bracelet has split center links, where there are two separate link pieces making the line down the middle. I think the idea is that the bracelet will be more flexible with split centers links, therefore more comfortable. I don’t notice any extra comfort on mine with split links, so I think it’s mostly just cosmetic.

edit: I have the brown dial version of that watch and it came with solid center links like your first picture. I also have a 38 field auto with the split links and a King with solid center links. No idea how they choose which goes with which watch. All I know is they’re great watches. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Agree with the above. I had the 38mm auto with the split center link. No real issue or benefit with the split.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Links are connected with split pins.

The second bracelet has split center links, where there are two separate link pieces making the line down the middle. I think the idea is that the bracelet will be more flexible with split centers links, therefore more comfortable. I don’t notice any extra comfort on mine with split links, so I think it’s mostly just cosmetic.

edit: I have the brown dial version of that watch and it came with solid center links like your first picture. I also have a 38 field auto with the split links and a King with solid center links. No idea how they choose which goes with which watch. All I know is they’re great watches. Enjoy!
Thanks for the info brother.

I can’t say I’ve ever had (or seen) a split center link bracelet before... and I hope that doesn’t change on Monday lol

I’ll post some pics when it gets shipped in. I had a 42 Khaki Field with a cream dial, loved that watch but I’ve since realized anything over ~40.5mm is just too big for my wrist.

Anyway, thanks again! Looking forward to seeing this blue in the metal

·
Premium Member
36,346 Posts
I have the same watch that is incoming to you. Split pins for fasteners, and mine does not have the bracelet "crease" so not sure what that would look like in person? Too hard to tell from pictures for me to decide if I would like it or not.....

Otherwise, it is one of my favorite watches, especially the blue dialed version. Not really glossy, nor matte, but it is a nice rich blue color that really compliments the watch well, IMHO.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same watch that is incoming to you. Split pins for fasteners, and mine does not have the bracelet "crease" so not sure what that would look like in person? Too hard to tell from pictures for me to decide if I would like it or not.....

Otherwise, it is one of my favorite watches, especially the blue dialed version. Not really glossy, nor matte, but it is a nice rich blue color that really compliments the watch well, IMHO.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Nice to know! Yea, I’ve been wanting a blue dial field/tool watch to fill a void in the collection and I do have a Tudor BB36 blue but that one might be leaving my hands soon.

On a side note, I just happened to stumble upon this version while browsing Joma. I didn’t even know they offered a blue dial Field until two days ago, and when I saw it was 40mm, I bought it immediately. I think this will work nicely in the rotation!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Learned about this blue dial khaki from this thread... Will probably lead to an impulse buy shortly!

I had several different khakis in different colors but sold them (except for my khaki officer mechanical) to consolidate the collection. Now with this blue dial version, I think I will get pulled back into khaki ownership again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soooo...

No split centers!!! I’m happy. I absolutely love the color of blue on it. Way better than my BB36 blue.

Haven’t sized it yet but first impression is that I’ll be wearing this guy a lot

This actually might be one of my favorite blues I’ve seen in a watch. Very subdued, looks like it’s got a lot of gray in it too.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I have this one (it's a H70305143) and there is no center link split like you get on the 38mm varieties. The center links are polished, the outer links are brushed, so you get a lot of reflecting light when you wear it - I catch people looking at my wrist sometimes because of those center links. Unfortunately, it uses pins. Mine came and I couldn't get the pins out - they had seized up. So I picked up some Liquid Wrench, dabbed a drop on each pin hole, let it sit for a while, and then they came out normally after that. So hopefully yours isn't seized up like mine was.

Keep in mind, like most Hamiltons, this one wears HUGE for 40mm. But if you're already a Hamilton aficionado, you know that case diameter is misleading on most of their models, and the proper way to think of them is the lug-to-lug measurement. So be ready for that. This model is my largest watch (I'm a 6.5" wrist, using one of these, so I'm really 6.75" if I use a rope like everyone else [because they all forget to subtract the rope diameter)), and sometimes I love it for its size, and sometimes I don't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts