WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost certain that I am going to buy a G-Shock 7800 but I'm a little worried about its size as my wrists are fairly thin.

After searching my local mall this weekend and coming up empty on 7800s I'm left with no idea how big this watch will look.

Does anyone have a pic of the 7800 on wrist or next to another watch so I could get a relative idea of how big it is?

Also, as much as I love the look of the glossy leather version I'm worried that I won't be able to use it... as a G-Shock. Does anyone know how the leather band will do submerged in water or getting sweat on it. I'm out and active just about every day so I'd hate to never be able to wear it.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
in my opinion a leather strap doesn't belong to a sports/outdoor warch. personally i don't like leather straps at all, so i most certainly wouldn't even wear one with a "dress" watch - if i had such a time piece. leather will soak with sweat and will start smelling bad sooner or later, so in case of the g-7800 series resin is the way to go.

I don't have a wristshot, but the g-7800 doesn't wear any larger than a g-9000 mudman for instance, it's just looking different due to the rectangular shape.

if it helps the real measurements (made with my sliding-rule) are as follows:

43.5mm - lug to lug
43.5mm - side to side
14.5mm - thick (15mm on the higher bezel parts)

this measurments are rather medium sized for a g-shock, for comparison a g-9000 mudman:

52mm - lug to lug
46mm - side to side
15mm - thick (15.5mm with the "knobs" on the caseback)

regards, holger

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
On a 7.25" wrist. I like leather straps but would never consider putting one on a G-Shock. Just ain't right...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can take a wrist shot later if you still need one. All the Casio's I have are the kind you can beat up and not care about it. I have the 7800 with the leather band and while it is a g-shock and can take a beating it would probably not look good beat up and the leather strap messed up. This is a good watch regardless.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! It doesn't look too big... The resin version of the watch looks great! It's one of the few watches I prefer with a negative display.

Opentoe sure I'd like too see the leather version too!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a 7710, Riseman and 7800. I had a 6900, mtg 930, and a Giez 1000J but I didn't like them. Speaking comparatively, the 7800 is bigger than the 7710 (which is pretty small), smaller than the Riseman, smaller than 6900, and probably about the same size as the Giez even though they are different shapes. Of course the wrist shots above are a lot more help than my blabber.

I can't imagine you having any troube even with small wrists. The 7800 isn't one of the huge G-shocks. IMO, don't hesitate and go for it! But keep in mind I'm a huge fan of the 7800, so this is coming from one of the official spokespersons for it. I think the super square was an instant classic, and will become a great classic with time.

Just for fun Here are some of the color variations. The silver one is kind of neat, the resin looks like the one on the MIRB riseman. There is even a gold one with a snakeskin band that continues with casio's tradition of making you say "wtf?" every once in a while. Its almost as bad as the bling bling ones with fake diamonds.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool pics! I didn't realize that there are so many variations! I think I am going for the black negative display resin version to start with so that I can actually use it as an outdoor watch.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here are many wrist shots. Sorry if there are duplicate, I took these very quickly and slapped them online....gives you a good idea of what it looks like. My wrist is 7 inches on the nose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts