WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've loved the look of THC for a while now and plan on snapping one up in the next couple of weeks. I had a couple of questions I was hoping other THC owners could chime in on.

- The main criticism I've seen about the watch is it's use of the piggyback chrono module. Although I haven't really seen complaints of actual issues with the module, people seem to agree that it makes servicing of the watch more of an issue. That said, does anyone know what Tudor/Rolex recommends as a maintenance schedule for this watch? And for that matter has the watch been out long enough for anyone to have sent it in for a routine service? I usually grab my watches from the used market so that is something I'm concerned about...

- I've got a 7.25" wrist and my daily wear is a 45.5 Planet Ocean which I am very comfortable with. How does the THC wear? Will it feel significantly smaller than the PO?

- Anyone who has purchased one have any significant regrets? I want to pick up a chrono to go with the PO - I recently sold a Damasko w/7750 movement. I've never really cared for the 'day' feature on a watch movement and I thought some of those subdials were kind of hard to see based on where the hour/minute hands were, so I think the THC would at least serve me better in regards to those two concerns.

Thanks guys,
Progman

·
Registered
215 Posts
Greetings,

I've loved the look of THC for a while now and plan on snapping one up in the next couple of weeks. I had a couple of questions I was hoping other THC owners could chime in on.

- The main criticism I've seen about the watch is it's use of the piggyback chrono module. Although I haven't really seen complaints of actual issues with the module, people seem to agree that it makes servicing of the watch more of an issue. That said, does anyone know what Tudor/Rolex recommends as a maintenance schedule for this watch? And for that matter has the watch been out long enough for anyone to have sent it in for a routine service? I usually grab my watches from the used market so that is something I'm concerned about...

- I've got a 7.25" wrist and my daily wear is a 45.5 Planet Ocean which I am very comfortable with. How does the THC wear? Will it feel significantly smaller than the PO?

- Anyone who has purchased one have any significant regrets? I want to pick up a chrono to go with the PO - I recently sold a Damasko w/7750 movement. I've never really cared for the 'day' feature on a watch movement and I thought some of those subdials were kind of hard to see based on where the hour/minute hands were, so I think the THC would at least serve me better in regards to those two concerns.

Thanks guys,
Progman
Great question. I just tried one on yesterday and I also wear the 45.5 Planet Ocean as my daily wear, and I was very surprised the watch did not seem small. This compared to the 41mm Datejust that I tried on earlier in the day that I thought looked very small on my wrist. Personally, I think the watch is stunning and have put it on my hit list. I tried on the blue version and the AD let me wear it with both the bracelet and the NATO strap (they had both options on display). I am quite confident I would wear it both ways.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mattya56, excellent info. Unless I was looking for you to talk me out of buying the watch, then it was terrible :)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm still undecided about the piggyback module. I have had a THC since January and the top pusher just doesn't feel right when it engages the chronograph. I'm not sure if it is the design of the movement or it needs to be adjusted. When I have a chance to take it to a Tudor dealer, I will try to compare one to see if it is the way they all feel or if it is just my example. My only other chronographs have been of the 775x variety (and Speedy Pro), so this is my first modular chronograph.

That said, it is a great watch and one of my favorite chronographs currently available. I have a 7 3/8" wrist and love the size.

·
Registered
621 Posts
No issues at all with mine. Most accurate watch I own at +1. Love the size. Only thing I don't like about Tudors are that they need another hole or two in the clasp. I have the gray but the blue is killer also. I would not worry at all about a piggyback module. At least I don't.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
No regrets from me. I love mine. I'm a gal with 6.25" wrists, and it fits me just fine. One note: the steel bracelet just about doubles the overall weight, so I mostly wear mine on a variety of straps. FWIW- my pushers feel fine, I haven't felt anything unusual.
Interestingly, my watchmaker says piggyback chronos are easier to service; once the module is removed, the base movement is serviced just like any three-hand ETA. The module can be serviced separately, or just replaced. I'll worry about that down the road a few years.

Either way, I'm in love with my THC.
Water Watch Hand Vacation Summer

~Sherry

Reactions: Terpits
1 - 8 of 8 Posts