WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard Omega adds 2 years warranty on after a service. Does the watch have to be within warranty at the time you get it serviced for this to apply?

If you buy from the grey market does this two year extension apply?

Do Omegas from the grey market cost more to service?

Under what circumstances are watches repaired for no extra cost when being serviced?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
1) no, it applies after service.
2)it should if they take it in for servicing, then 1) applies, but they won't cover a grey market watch under original warranty
3)don't think so, if under "warranty" then GM dealer will service it as they please
4) something that is warranty related. If u send something in for warranty work, and if it's covered, then they usually only fix what's wrong. If you send in a piece past warranty, then they replace and repair what the job calls for, anything additional they await ur response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
If your grey market watch has had it's serial # removed, they may not service it. But I think most grey market sellers such as jomashop or Authenticwatches keep the serial # intact these days. Used to be common for them to remove the serial # in the past.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I heard Omega adds 2 years warranty on after a service. Does the watch have to be within warranty at the time you get it serviced for this to apply?
Omega doesn't add 2 years warranty. They give you a 2 year warranty on the work performed at service. You can have your watch serviced at any time. Some will have their watches serviced every 5 years (or whatever the manufacturers recommendation is) whereas others will only have a watch serviced when it needs it - i.e, when it starts to run fast/slow or otherwise displays an issue.

If you buy from the grey market does this two year extension apply?
As long as the watch is genuine and not tampered with (i.e, serial numbers not removed) then Omega will service the watch and you will receive a 2 year warranty on the work undertaken.

Do Omegas from the grey market cost more to service?
No. The cost of servicing is fixed and the prices are available on Omega's website.

Under what circumstances are watches repaired for no extra cost when being serviced?
If a watch is still under warranty and it is not performing as it should, and that is not due to mistreatment, then Omega will fix it for you under warranty. They have no obligation to fix cosmetic damage caused by the wearer (scratches etc) or malfunction due to misuse (i.e, dropping the watch etc). Apply some common sense really - if it's your fault, you pay.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
If your grey market watch has had it's serial # removed, they may not service it. But I think most grey market sellers such as jomashop or Authenticwatches keep the serial # intact these days. Used to be common for them to remove the serial # in the past.
Very good point to be wary of; a watch with a removed serial number is not likely to be serviced by the manufacturer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts