WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a G7710-1. Can someone tell me, though, what color the metal bezel ring is? Is it black, grey, silver? Different photos on various websites are inconclusive. Are the numbers in the display yellow, white, or orange? Is the writing on the resin bezel white or yellow? Again, tough to tell from the photos online. Finally, how hard is the display to read under most lighting conditions?

I own the 7700. Although it contains the most functional module of any g-shock, and I really like the size, I think two-tone blue/gray face and the silver bezel makes it looks like a cheap Armitron knock-off from the clearance shelf at Wal Mart. On the other hand, most photos show the 7710 is more understated and even a little elegant, appropriate anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi,
it's hard to explain how the colour looks like. It's a brown-gray. Take a look at the pic, I hope it will help you to get a clue of the colour:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a G7710-1. Can someone tell me, though, what color the metal bezel ring is? Is it black, grey, silver?
The ring is a dark grey, a bit like titanium but even more subdued, I guess "gun metal" pretty much hits it.

Different photos on various websites are inconclusive. Are the numbers in the display yellow, white, or orange?
Depending on the light source that hits the crystal. Most of the time they appear silverish with a very little yellowish tint.

Is the writing on the resin bezel white or yellow? Again, tough to tell from the photos online. Finally, how hard is the display to read under most lighting conditions?
The writing is yellow (more like ocher). The negative display is among the best what casio brought to market to date and pretty good to read under most light conditions.

cheers

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Here's a few more photos to help your decision:
low-light conditions:

IMO the G-7710-1 and the G-7800B-1 have the best negative displays of all G-Shocks.

The color of the digits can vary slightly depending on the contrast setting (1 to 7). It does loook much better than the G-7700-1 (had that one, too but sold it because of the three-color display and cheesy shiny stainless steel bezel).

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics and advice...sounds and looks like the bezel might be about the same color as the GW2500 Aviator. It does look cool, though; I'll have to think about it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I love mine - great watch, looks good, good functions and stupid cheap. No-brainer purchase if you want a hard as nails timing device.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
And the module is very very clever.
I only wish the stopwatch was a 1000 hours and not 1/1000...
But this is a detail toward all the great features provided.

cheers
Nemo

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
sounds and looks like the bezel might be about the same color as the GW2500 Aviator.
Yes, they're about the same - the G-7710-1 is ever so slightly darker but that's probably because of the different finish - the G-7710-1 bezel looks like sand-blasted and the GW-2500B has different brushed and polished parts on the bezel.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Bumping this thread to ask about the EL button. Is it the "G" located below 6:00 (like on the 6900 series) or does one of the 4 side buttons turn on the EL?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Mine says "hi." thinking about converting it to a neg display, but I don't want to lose all the lines that divide the screen into thirds...

IMG_20110503_110036.jpg

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Thanks, Bro! Just pulled the trigger. This will be my first G with negative display. From my research, the features and legibility on the 7710 can't be beat for the price. Looking forward to it.
Good call, I think you won't regret it |>

cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts