WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I was handed this Omega DeVille lately, and am curious to find out more about the watch, i.e. which calibre, year of production and any other information will be great. Its a stainless steel and silver dial watch. :-D A picture is attached (lousy attempt though)

This is my 2nd Omega, earlier on I bought a Speedy with a display back, how I love winding it everyday! What a joy! Thank you so much to the forum.

I am toying with the idea of putting this DeVille on a black carbon fibre strap with white stitching, to make it look less "dressy". Will be be "too much" for the watch? Any opinions? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
A fair guess

Hi all,

I was handed this Omega DeVille lately, and am curious to find out more about the watch, i.e. which calibre, year of production and any other information will be great. Its a stainless steel and silver dial watch. :-D A picture is attached (lousy attempt though)
Congrats! Those old DeVilles are nice, simple dress watches. I find it a bit difficult to precisely date these "slim" Omegas. From the latter part of the 60s, well into the 70s, Omega branded the dials as DeVilles, Geneves, and sometimes with no model at all. The lack of a second hand helps a bit, though. My best guess is that yours is from the mid-70s and probably houses a c.711.

The best way to find out for sure is to have the back removed, and note the reference number on the inside of the caseback (155.0019, for example).
This is my 2nd Omega, earlier on I bought a Speedy with a display back, how I love winding it everyday! What a joy! Thank you so much to the forum.
Ah, it's hard to beat good ol' Speedy. I think most owners share your appreciation and the pleasure of the daily wind.
I am toying with the idea of putting this DeVille on a black carbon fibre strap with white stitching, to make it look less "dressy". Will be be "too much" for the watch? Any opinions? :)
I definitely think that would tone down the "dressiness," though it might be too much of a contrast. Give it a try and see what you think. I'm sure that, if you share some pics, we'll be happy to give our opinions.

Enjoy!

eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts