WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite new to this, can someone explain to me how the small second is suppose to be adjust, what are the two hands on the small dial suppose to measure?

·
Premium Member
61,773 Posts
The Small Second is a hacking movement so the hand can be stopped at the 12 o-clock position when you come to set the time. On the two ended second hand only half of it is lumed and either end can be used to set the time with just s long as you use the same end when you come to check the timekeeping of your watch or adjust it. As for why the small second hand has two ends I suspect that Oris did it because it looked good. I know some folks think that it was done so that you only have to wait 30 seconds when setting your watch.

·
Banned
4,234 Posts
The Small Second is a hacking movement so the hand can be stopped at the 12 o-clock position when you come to set the time. On the two ended second hand only half of it is lumed and either end can be used to set the time with just s long as you use the same end when you come to check the timekeeping of your watch or adjust it. As for why the small second hand has two ends I suspect that Oris did it because it looked good. I know some folks think that it was done so that you only have to wait 30 seconds when setting your watch.
I agree. I'd personally probably use the lumed end. But it depends on the person. Like how they look, but still prefer large seconds hand.

BTW good call with the 30 seconds thing, I never would have thought of that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lume end shows the current time.

Non-Lume end shows the time 30 seconds ago...

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts