WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 42mm Pilot and am going to be buying one of the closed loop straps for it. My wrist measures anywhere from 6.5" to 7", depending on how much I'm working out at the time -- which strap size would everyone recommend?

Thanks in advance! :-!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I would recommend the XL.

A more important size is the size of your hand! Do you have large/wide hands?

·
Registered
344 Posts
My wrist is 6,7", and I have the normal size. I can just get it over my hand, and I have the impression that the leather will stretch a little bit.
First I had the XL , the pin was in the last hole and the fit was a bit to loose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks for the heads up. What strap hole are you using at the moment on the regular size?

My wrist is 6,7", and I have the normal size. I can just get it over my hand, and I have the impression that the leather will stretch a little bit.
First I had the XL , the pin was in the last hole and the fit was a bit to loose.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I had the XXL come with the 42mm watch but it was way to big. I was on the last hole and the watch was spinning on my wrist. I ordered the XL as it will most likely fit the best cause of the size range 15-21cm. Just waiting on LACO to send me confirmation for shipping. I ordered it 2 days ago.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Easy to test..I use this method to determine on whether will my hand fit over the normal strap..Take some string and measure 19cm plus 5 cm for the watch head and tied the ends into a loop..Use this to make sure that u can get your hand through it..Else u need to get the XL version..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great, thanks. Looks like I'm in the clear for the regular size...

Easy to test..I use this method to determine on whether will my hand fit over the normal strap..Take some string and measure 19cm plus 5 cm for the watch head and tied the ends into a loop..Use this to make sure that u can get your hand through it..Else u need to get the XL version..

·
Registered
745 Posts
Great, thanks. Looks like I'm in the clear for the regular size...
I have the XL version that comes with my Miyota and it looks too long..the tail nearly reaches the lug on the 12 o'clock side..Looks like a NATO strap..I think it is important to choose the correct size else you will feel weird wearing an over-sized strap..

And it is also to avoid spending extra money..

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The strap will not stretch, it is basically a double leather strap.
I think it is OK if the strap end is close to the case at 12, but of course that is personal preference.
My wife has the normal strap. I have XL on both my Laco's

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Eventually I'll create a sticky thread here for sizing of the closed-loop straps. Most of us have found out through trial and error what our correct size was. For example, I have a Regular strap that I can't get my hand through and an XXL that is a little too big for my wrist. The tough thing about sizing these straps is hand size. You really need to know how big your hand is when sizing a closed-loop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dilemma! TimeQuest told me that they only stock one size, XL. Being that I have a 6.5" wrist and someone else mentioned that they have a 6.7" wrist and found the XL to be too large, should I hold off and just order it from Laco directly?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I'd just order from Laco. I believe (could be wrong) that shipping is included with the strap price (it is included on the watch purchases), so you'd not be losing out. XL is too large. I have a 6.25" wrist and the Normal fits perfectly. Any larger and there would be a lot of extra strap jutting out.

Dilemma! TimeQuest told me that they only stock one size, XL. Being that I have a 6.5" wrist and someone else mentioned that they have a 6.7" wrist and found the XL to be too large, should I hold off and just order it from Laco directly?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Unless you have really large hands I think an XL would be too big for you. You would be far better off getting a Normal strap. Or you can get the XL and swap it with one of us that has a Normal they can't use...

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Waiting on my XL to arrive, I am hoping that it's just right.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Do not forget, that if it is too long, you can allways have it shortened and sewn together by a qualified Shoemaker!

that is what happened to my original (-44) Pilots strap.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would order a normal sized strap directly from Laco.
As Statius mentioned, shipping is free.
If it doesn't fit, you can always send it back and they'll change it for a XL.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
This is how my XL strap fits:

Do you guys perceive this as too long?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts