WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

Tons of pics on the web but haven't found any together. For those of you that have seen them in the flesh under the same lighting, are the dials the same shade of black? The SARG011 seems black and the SARG009 seems dark grey. The numeral and marker printing also seems to be bright white on the SARG011 and off-white on the SARG009. I understand that exposure can push the tones one way or the other so would love to hear from someone who experienced them side-by-side. Partial to the red tipped second hand of the SARG011 (and the leather strap) but I'm hoping it is same black/white dial as the SARG009. Of course, any photos of the pair together under the same conditions would be most welcome...

Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the SARG011 and the Marine Master 300. Comparing the two the Marine Master is black and the SARG011 is more dark gray in bright light. In lower light the SARG011 looks black. The online pictures of the SARG009 that I have seen make it look more black. I don't have a SARG009 to compare. I hope this helps. I have been wondering the same thing because the SARG011 is actually my sons watch and I really like the dial color on it but I would rather have the bracelet version. Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the SARG011 and the Marine Master 300. Comparing the two the Marine Master is black and the SARG011 is more dark gray in bright light. In lower light the SARG011 looks black. The online pictures of the SARG009 that I have seen make it look more black. I don't have a SARG009 to compare. I hope this helps. I have been wondering the same thing because the SARG011 is actually my sons watch and I really like the dial color on it but I would rather have the bracelet version. Mike
Here's a link to a seller on Global Rakutan that offers the bracelet a la cart.

TIME GARDEN | Rakuten Global Market: !  SARG009 SEIKO SARG011/SARG012 mounting possible private XLI [M0TZ211J0]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Looks like they are different.

Cheers!

Tim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, they are visibly - but not dramatically - different. I have 009 and I've seen 011 in flesh. They have identical (dark gray) date ring though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts