WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking a picking up a full size Kirium for what I find to be a good deal. Only issue is there appears to be a number of small surface scratches in the AR coating. Can this be repaired or replaced? Any idea hom much i should budget for this?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
3,255 Posts
Hello, as WP just said, you will find quite a few very informative threads on this. Some people don't mind the scratches, others (like me) will polish off the coating leaving a plain crystal with no coating (and no scratches).

As for repairing the crystal, it is possible, but it's the most difficult and expensive option.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Replacing the crystal with a new AR coated one is also an option… If you go this route, you can choose one with inner AR only instead of double coated to avoid this problem in the future.

·
3,255 Posts
I am not sure he can find an OEM Kirium crystal with AR coating on the inside only...

Replacing the crystal with a new AR coated one is also an option… If you go this route, you can choose one with inner AR only instead of double coated to avoid this problem in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts