WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two models of quartz Grand Complication from Citizen - the older caliber 677x (mostly in Campanola but also some Exceed plus limited editions from at least two EU companies that I know of) and the newer solar caliber G910 (currently only in the Citizen Signature line).

Both models have a very similar functionality - in that both can be in only 2 modes - normal watch (when you can see the calendar and hear the minute repeater) and chronograph mode (obviously when you can use the chronograph, but also when you can not use the repeater).

1. What mode are you keeping your watch by default ? (I keep my 6770 in normal/repeater mode since I rarely use the chronograph)

2. How long does it take to switch from repeater to chronograph ? For instance on my Jacques Lemans it currently takes about 2s pressing the mode button and then another 6-7 seconds until the chrono minutes/hours reset from the calendar position, and then to return to normal/repeater/calendar mode another 2s + 4-5s ...

3. How long does it take for the special chrono seconds hand (which normally moves in 1/4 seconds steps, and apparently only forward) to reset for instance from 1 back to 60 ? On my model it takes about 3-4 seconds ...

·
Registered
697 Posts
1. What mode are you keeping your watch by default ? (I keep my 6770 in normal/repeater mode since I rarely use the chronograph)

2. How long does it take to switch from repeater to chronograph ? For instance on my Jacques Lemans it currently takes about 2s pressing the mode button and then another 6-7 seconds until the chrono minutes/hours reset from the calendar position, and then to return to normal/repeater/calendar mode another 2s + 4-5s ...

3. How long does it take for the special chrono seconds hand (which normally moves in 1/4 seconds steps, and apparently only forward) to reset for instance from 1 back to 60 ? On my model it takes about 3-4 seconds ...
Hi Catalin. For me, i am almost always in chrono mode. After pressing the left pusher for 2s, it only takes 2-3 seconds to enter normal timekeeping mode. It also may be dependent on how long the chrono has been running. Im not wearing my GC atm, but i'll venture a guess and say the resetting prcedure seems a little quicker than you describe, for your Jacques Leman. Its nnot blinding fast, but its no slowpoke either. I'll do a more detailedd study, when i get home from work this evening, if you like.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Catalin. For me, i am almost always in chrono mode. After pressing the left pusher for 2s, it only takes 2-3 seconds to enter normal timekeeping mode. It also may be dependent on how long the chrono has been running. Im not wearing my GC atm, but i'll venture a guess and say the resetting prcedure seems a little quicker than you describe, for your Jacques Leman. Its nnot blinding fast, but its no slowpoke either. I'll do a more detailedd study, when i get home from work this evening, if you like.
That would be helpful - thank you ! It also makes sense to have the older calibers be more battery-oriented (but slower) than the new solar versions where basically the power consumption is no longer critical ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I suggest keeping the watch in calendar mode. You can easily switch to chrono mode by holding the pusher down for a couple of seconds. This watch is a beautiful perpetual complicated date first, chrono second.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Forgot to answer one of your questions. Yes, only a few seconds to reset the chrono depending on where you stop it. If you want faster, get a flyback.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have the Signature GC. I keep it in perpetual calendar/minute repeater mode. It takes about five seconds (timed with a digital stopwatch) to switch between perpetual/repeater mode and chrono mode and back. Maximum of five seconds to reset the chrono back to zero. The Flyback, by contrast, is almost instantaneous. Both are immensely satisfying watches.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hello all. I just sent my new (pre-owned) Citizen Campanola to COA for some work (not sure if I'll have to pay or not). With that watch, It takes about 2 seconds to enter Chronograph mode, and about another 2 to exit it. Personally, I don't leave it in C-mode. I regard that as a special function to be used for special events.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all. I just sent my new (pre-owned) Citizen Campanola to COA for some work (not sure if I'll have to pay or not). With that watch, It takes about 2 seconds to enter Chronograph mode, and about another 2 to exit it. Personally, I don't leave it in C-mode. I regard that as a special function to be used for special events.
Interesting - about 2 seconds is only how much you need to keep the button pressed to start the change - but I doubt that a complete cycle of the chrono/calendar subdial (about half when you go to chrono and another half when going back to repeater - at least now when Nov at LY+1) is THAT fast, even on a Campanola ...

·
Registered
527 Posts
You're correct Cat - I was proceeding from memory, and was suggesting the time it took to get started in the mode. I can be more precise when I get the watch back from COA! (which I hope is sooner rather than later). :think:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
2. How long does it take to switch from repeater to chronograph ? For instance on my Jacques Lemans it currently takes about 2s pressing the mode button and then another 6-7 seconds until the chrono minutes/hours reset from the calendar position, and then to return to normal/repeater/calendar mode another 2s + 4-5s ....
Blast from the past ;-)
Looking into getting a JL myself and I was wondering what was involved in switching to the chrono mode. It sounds like the bottom subdial is used to count the elapsed minutes and maybe hours? Thanks !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts