WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I've found S3507 engraved into the Pro II SS bracelet on my Colt II Quartz. Does it mean the watch was manufactured in the 35th week of 2007? What does the leading "S" stand for?

2) The warranty card states the model of this watch as "A7438010/C675/812A". I've figured the leading "A74380" is the actual model, but I'm wondering what the rest stands for. Maybe it specifies the dial colour?

Thanks ;-)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. That's a bit weird to me, since I bought the watch just 2 weeks ago. I sort of assumed circulation at ADs is faster than to have a popular model for almost 2 years on the shelves. But now I can imagine a less popular model to sit on the shelves for 3 or even 4 years...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the AD's just swap straps around, and its concievable some of the straps may be older than the watch itself. The watch you purchase may be on croc for arguments sake but someone wants it on a bracelet so a PRO II (maybe off another watch) is popped on.

For example, my Pro II is marked 82106 but its on a latest model airwolf which was not around in 2006. It was wrapped in the plastic stuff as well <shrug>

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. Now it's a lot more clear :-!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I think the AD's just swap straps around, and its concievable some of the straps may be older than the watch itself. The watch you purchase may be on croc for arguments sake but someone wants it on a bracelet so a PRO II (maybe off another watch) is popped on.

For example, my Pro II is marked 82106 but its on a latest model airwolf which was not around in 2006. It was wrapped in the plastic stuff as well <shrug>
A pro II can only be fitted to the exact same watch, so there would be no reason that an AD would swap it.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. Now it's a lot more clear :-!
Its possible that the bracelet was manufactured at a different time than the case (thats usually the case), but its not normally more than a few months off. You can remove the 6 o'clock portion of the bracelet and check the date stamp on the case between the lugs. That will give you a better idea of how old the watch is.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I think the AD's just swap straps around, and its concievable some of the straps may be older than the watch itself.
I know one AD that seems to have as many strap-models as bracelet models, but different dial colors. So there have been many times where if I wanted a particular piece on a bracelet, he would have had to swap out the strap and get a bracelet from another piece.

Good idea to check the watch case on the 6 o'clock side if you are interested.....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can remove the 6 o'clock portion of the bracelet and check the date stamp on the case between the lugs. That will give you a better idea of how old the watch is.
To do that, I'd need a special tool to remove the bracelet, right? What's the name of that tool, and where can I buy one?

Thanks ;-)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not trying to hijack but was wondering if a Pro II from a stellfish would fit a B-1 same 22/20 size but not sure if interhorn link would fit. or would i have to get the Pro II for the Airwolf ? ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated regards Mairtin

·
Registered
621 Posts
Not trying to hijack but was wondering if a Pro II from a stellfish would fit a B-1 same 22/20 size but not sure if interhorn link would fit. or would i have to get the Pro II for the Airwolf ? ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated regards Mairtin
Both SF and Airwolf Pro II won't fit B1.
You need a Fighter bracelet, I'll write it's ref# tonight when I'll come home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts